Notices

I feel good!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel good!

Good morning everyone,

I feel really good today. It's day eight and I made it through my first sober weekend in years. I'm so glad I went to a meeting yesterday. It is such a relief to go back to those rooms.

It was a women's meeting at an Alano Club. The best part is that there are meetings there every night of the week. I know I'll be there at least three times a week if not more.

Thank you all for encouraging me to get my butt back to AA.

Have a great day!

Jennifer
Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, meetings do really help. I sometimes dread going, but it never fails that I feel better afterwards.

Jup.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

That's awesome Jennifer!

I know what you mean... when I don't want to go to a meeting that is when I should go the most. Funny part is that when I do go I always end up getting something really cool out of the meeting and I too feel better for having gone. You would think I would learn!

Suga
Old 03-25-2006, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Still going to meetings

Hi everyone.

I'm still hitting the meetings as often as I can. I've been to 4 in the past week. I've been meeting some really great women. The alano club that I'm going to has a LOT of sobriety. Most of the men & women have 10 years +/-. One woman took her 5 year cake and invited everyone for a BBQ to celebrate. I'm just getting to know these people but they made sure to invite me as well.

So today I went to a morning meeting and then over to the BBQ. It felt really good to get out of the house and be around sober, supportive people. I'm really glad I went.

I have 13 days and, boy, this isn't easy. Weekends are especially hard. I'm finding I get quite bored and don't know how to fill my time. I almost broke down and drank Friday night. Instead, I hauled my butt to a meeting. I'm glad I did.....

Jennifer
Old 03-25-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Fantastic!