Notices

Please help

Old 03-25-2006, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help

my girlfriend is addicted to pain killers muscle relaxers and sleep aids. she can not see that she has a problem or does and does not care to do anything about it. It has been ongoing in our relationship for over 2 years. She constantly gets her self to the point where she can not walk. She has injured herself to many times to count. she will not do anything about it. and because i am the only person in her life to tell her it is not ok she hates me for it and is now deciding that she will move into her own place where i know she will keep doing it. she can not kick the problem on her own but she has to be the one to do it. And she refuses to see beyond the problem when i try and help her i am the one who is the problem or the jerk. she can not see past getting her next fix. i am worried aobut her killing herslef she mixes drugs as well like soma and peracet. how can she be helped and how can i get her to see what she is doing to her self ? any adivce would be greatly apprecated. I love her to much to let her do this to herself. Please help
Old 03-25-2006, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to SR Wolf, you have found a great site to share and learn at!!!!!

"how can i get her to see what she is doing to her self ? any adivce would be greatly apprecated. I love her to much to let her do this to herself."

Unfortunately you can't. I believe it might be time for you to go to Al-anon and Naranon for help for you. Please remember the three C's

You didn't Cause it

You can't Control it, and

You can't Cure it.

It is her choice and her decision.

May I suggest you check out our Friends and Family Forum and our Naranon forum as there are many here who have been or are now where you are at.

Lots of experience, strength and hope here.

Please keep coming back.

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 03-25-2006, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

please help[

the problem is that she is going to move out and keep doing it without anyone carring and she can not see past the problem. I love her so much and she can not see that is it time to move on?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

We all have to hit our own bottoms. Unfortunatly the loved ones have to watch it happen. She won't ever get it, do it, quit it, or find help for it until SHE is ready. Your powerless my friend over her addiction. I'm sorry I really am. No fluffy rose colored answers, just the honest truth. Detach with love.