Notices

How Much I Learn at SR!

Old 02-10-2006, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How Much I Learn at SR!

I find that I am kinda losing the taste for wine or maybe just the urgency I had for it then.

I find for me it was a filthy, dirty habit that I started and now I have stopped. I am still disgusted with it and for now, it's abstinence for me. Whether or not I will or want to have it again, I don't know. I cannot say today that if I had some I wouldn't want to have it again tomorrow, so for today I know that I won't.

While looking for some important documents the other day, I found a folder that I had from maybe 15 years ago filled with my writings, paperwork and meeting schedules for Alanon and ACOA meetings. What a moment to see how much I had educated myself on alcoholism. I was reminded how involved I was, even chaired meetings and in the following years how I, myself fell into an unhealthy habit of wanting a few glasses almost everyday. I sit here shaking my head and thankful I have stopped it and come back to a healthier outlook and healthier way of thinking about alcohol with the help now of SR.

I like it here at SR, it was a gift from my HP that brought me here and all of you are healthy to me, whether you're drinking, sober, hurting, celebrating, crying, laughing or angry. I care about all of you, just the way I know you care about me.

If I ever wanted to partake in an occassional drink, would I still feel welcome to frequent this site? You bet I would, because you help to keep me healthy. It would be this site that would be letting me know that I could fail. It is this site that taught me to take better care of me. It is this site that changed my life. I am still a newbie, but I see the changes. I wouldn't give that up for the world. Life is too short.

By the way, I dropped 10 lbs! 20 more to go and I'll be at a healthy weight along with my healthy mind.

Thanks everyone.

ONE MORE THING....WE WANT RAE, WE WANT RAE, WE WANT RAE!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Etimee;
Yea, the house that Jon built is a wonderful home today. It's filled with the love of family. And I'm glad you've joined us here.
Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!
And keep coming back!

Shalom!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes.....SR is a great supplement to my F2F recovery.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a wonderful positive attitude. It's great to here that you are feeling so healthy and happy. Make sure you keep spreading all that positivity (did I get that from Max?) around these boards. It makes a difference.