Notices

A night of partying - Do you use too?

Old 02-08-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Unhappy A night of partying - Do you use too?

The pictures and story below was sent to me by Ricky's mom "Toni" in hopes of helping even just one person. She told me at one point she used to take his picture and show it to those that were still using, but she couldn't get through to their brain - because the dope had to much of a strong hold.

Let the pictures speak to you as well as the words written and sent to me by Ricky's mother.

For those of you that are currently using - Maybe you can see just what all the fuss is about to get you to quit? It's not because we wanna ruin your party, but we don't want you to die. Do you think this young man had any idea that his night of getting high would end in his death just days later? I pray these pictures and story speak to your heart. Recovery is only a phone call away.

For those of us in Recovery - May we walk forward ... continually grateful - and never look back without appreciation for getting out with our lives.

Passion
In memory of
Scotty, Cody, Bradley, Dean, Simon, Ricky
Precious Lives Lost To Meth

Sher, I hope this gets to you, I failed the first time. Here is the picture of my son, Ricky, before he died, and at the time he was brain dead. He lay in the hospital for 3 days before we had to disconnect him from his life support. You have my permission to use these pictures as you see fit. I pray that it helps someone.
My son had a cerebral hemorrhage after a night smoking meth. He was brain dead when he got to hospital, due to the bleeding. His brain was so swollen, that the middle of his brain was pushed over about 1/4 inch to the right.

His name is
Ricky Aaron Phillips
He was born in Livermore, Ca. and died in West Hills, Ca.
8/11/1979 - 11/16/2001

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,
Toni House
Ricky Phillips mom
8-11-79 / 11-16-01
[email protected]
Old 02-08-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this, heartbreaking tragedy.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

omg this is chilling
Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nytepassion
8/11/1979 - 11/16/2001
He was 2 months older than me, and had his hemmorhage about 8 months after mine. Luckily I survived, albeit with neurological defecit today. I read this type of thing is approx 30% DOE, 30-40% death with a year, and the rest survive with brain damage.

OK im freaking out looking at this picture of him on life support ... thats inches away from being me ... millimeters ...

(goes to a corner to hide)
Old 02-08-2006, 11:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

It gives me the chill just because I almost ended up like him due to a non-drug related problem. I'm a bleeder and my mother did not notify my physician. He came out screaming at her that she knew I was going into surgery and did not tell him I was a bleeder. I needed over 6 pints of blood and my heart nearly stopped.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Christian

(goes to a corner to hide)
Don't hide. You are here now, and that is all that matters to me.

I'll even throw a hug over to your corner. Sneek out and take it when you're ready.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey Alera, what video game do you play? Or is that have some other meaning ... ?