View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Unhappy A night of partying - Do you use too?

The pictures and story below was sent to me by Ricky's mom "Toni" in hopes of helping even just one person. She told me at one point she used to take his picture and show it to those that were still using, but she couldn't get through to their brain - because the dope had to much of a strong hold.

Let the pictures speak to you as well as the words written and sent to me by Ricky's mother.

For those of you that are currently using - Maybe you can see just what all the fuss is about to get you to quit? It's not because we wanna ruin your party, but we don't want you to die. Do you think this young man had any idea that his night of getting high would end in his death just days later? I pray these pictures and story speak to your heart. Recovery is only a phone call away.

For those of us in Recovery - May we walk forward ... continually grateful - and never look back without appreciation for getting out with our lives.

Passion
In memory of
Scotty, Cody, Bradley, Dean, Simon, Ricky
Precious Lives Lost To Meth

Sher, I hope this gets to you, I failed the first time. Here is the picture of my son, Ricky, before he died, and at the time he was brain dead. He lay in the hospital for 3 days before we had to disconnect him from his life support. You have my permission to use these pictures as you see fit. I pray that it helps someone.
My son had a cerebral hemorrhage after a night smoking meth. He was brain dead when he got to hospital, due to the bleeding. His brain was so swollen, that the middle of his brain was pushed over about 1/4 inch to the right.

His name is
Ricky Aaron Phillips
He was born in Livermore, Ca. and died in West Hills, Ca.
8/11/1979 - 11/16/2001

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,
Toni House
Ricky Phillips mom
8-11-79 / 11-16-01
[email protected]