when you guys did step4 did you????

Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when you guys did step4 did you????

when you guys did step 4 did you make a list of resentments, fears, assets, defects and then a list of all the bad things you have ever done?? I am working on my 4th step and am not sure if I have done it right??? Can any of you give me some advise?? thanks Mary
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

Sounds to me like you have got a good start.

I found the hardest part of my 4th step was listing my assets, had to ask friends, family and co-workers for assistance.

Today, I can freely tell you my faults, defects and ASSETS!

Good luck with your step, it is an eye opener.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, don't forget those assets!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

My sponcer had me write down everthing I was ever mad about that I could possibly ever remember in my whole life and I rated the anger for each thing 1-5 one not for so mad and 5 being boiling over...then my sponcer had me write out the ABCs twice 1 for the good and 1 the bad and then write an attribute starting with each letter of the alphabet... The good was the hardest to do for me too...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I did my 4th is was more a journal of my life story, listing the good and bad highlights.... I had many more bad then good.

It took me a couple months to complete and when I was done my sponsor and I sat and read the whole thing, touching on the feelings etc... Amazing some of the resentments and a great tool for later steps.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

harleygirl I see you are from Iowa. I live 1 hour east of des moines. Where are you?? Mary
I would love to make contact with more people in my area. I go to a small al-anon meeting on wednesday but there are only 4 of us so far.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maramax
when you guys did step 4 did you make a list of resentments, fears, assets, defects and then a list of all the bad things you have ever done?? I am working on my 4th step and am not sure if I have done it right??? Can any of you give me some advise?? thanks Mary
Are you using the Blueprint book to do step 4 with? It is very helpful. Paths to recovery (al-anon book) is very helpful as well- it had me list everyone i had a resentment towards in my whole life- and helped me see certain patterns. (seems i had a problem with just about every MAN in my life!!!!)

so if you need to take a break from it give yourself that time. It is all about the process!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i have been doing it with some hand outs that someone gave me. it helped me to get going. i would say that i have tons of trouble with men as well. it has been really strange experience. i have been walking around feeling all kinds of emotions. most of them are not great feelings. i guess this is the first step towards getting better.. (i hope!!!!) i am going to do step 5 on thursday. i think i am ready. thanks for all the help.. mary
Old 02-01-2006, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Any links to the steps on here?