Notices

Difficult to look at

Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Difficult to look at

Hi guys,
Just thought I would post and ask if anyone else has trouble looking at pictures of themselves taken while they were in the thralls of addiction?

Everytime I open my wallet there is my drivers licence and my cold, dead eyes starring back at me...It is very difficult for me to look at anymore and I wish it was time to get a re-take! {I think I still have another couple years left till it expires}

I also have been doing alot of picture sorting while working on a Blog and scrapbook for my daughter and come across several pictures of me that I know I was messed up in. I look at them now and it is like I was 'someone else' back then and my eyes look soo vacant.
I find myself not using these pictures for any of my projects and just putting them away. I think I will always feel that way when I look at them.

Can anyone else relate??
**{HUGS}}
Jane :ValA020:
Old 01-30-2006, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes...but then...photo's of me sober aern't that much better. I've never been best friends with a camera I am over 30lbs heavier than in my pre-drinking days - shows you what alcohol can do.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
X IV

This is a before picture and then a picture 3 years clean. I don't really have a hard time looking at the old pictures because they remind me of how horrible my life was and just how far I have come. I am grateful that I have all the old pictures. They are a gift to help me never forget what my bottom was like. That is just me though. Also, I don't keep them out where I can look at them all the time. Just when I need a reminder. Maybe you could go get a new drivers liscense.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for replying guys,
Maybe I am being alittle silly but it was just a thought on my mind recently so I thought I'd get some imput.

Trish...the camera is not one of my best friends either although I do love taking pics of other people, places and things! Most of my clean pics are not all that wonderful either as I have a majorly crooked smile and always seem to blink just when its taken! I do get a few decent ones now and then though so guess its not all bad!

Ida...Thanks for sharing your "before and after" pics! You are braver than me! {LOL} Looking at them all I could think was WOW! Your eyes are so much clearer, happier and ALIVE now! Congrats to you on your 3-years!!

**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 01-31-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
X IV

Hi Jane,
I don't think you are being silly at all. It is a great topic to think about.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Before...

And

And now.....

Much better!!!!!!

I personally like my pics from when I was using....shows me the reality of it when I forget just how bad it was...
Old 01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
X IV

Blake, I love your after picture. I have seen quite a few pictures of you but never that one I don't think. Very, very handsome.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Thanks L......your pretty darn cute yourself
Old 01-31-2006, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I never thought about it before, but I guess I do look at the "B.R." pictures (before recovery) and think how different my life was then than it is now. There was always that "secret" behind my eyes. Now they are clear and no more secrets! Yeah.