Notices

IT CAN BE DONE!! 30 days off methadone!!

Old 01-28-2006, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Smile IT CAN BE DONE!! 30 days off methadone!!

Yes it is true!! I made it on a cold turkey kick off methadone and assorted othere opiates!!! Man...it WAS rough...It took three weeks for the leg and body aches to leave..I got tot he point where I thought I had just messed myself up so bad that I was NEVER going to be OK again...but that is all part of the withdrawal and addict talking in my head!!!..It just takes so long off that stuff...but I swear at about three weeks I started feeling...well..dare I say GOOD??? I just want to encourage anyone else ..and I know there are many...to keep going...it is just so worth it...I sleep so good now...I do have a issue with eating lots of chocolate and sugar but I will jsut have to deal with that later on down the line..the thing that has helped me most is meetings and just putting one foot in front of the other...forcing myself to do what is in front of me...clean the bathroom..go to work..make dinner..do laundry...go to the meeting...read my recovery literature...call someone..take a bath...eat...have sex...have more sex..write...walk....and it has been very HARD...but most things worth having are I hear!.I know I am not done and have to keep doing certain things that do not come so naturally to me on a daily basis...the payoff is huge...and we don't have to do it alone...there is a power available to us that is both mysterious and compassionate ...thats how it has been for me anyway...good to post here and lets hold each other close on this crazy awesome journey...we really do need each other so much...northbelle
Old 01-28-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
X IV

Congrats Northbelle!!!!!
A big hug from me to you. ! I love it that you got off methadone without relapsing!!! I did it too!!! We are cool. If we can do it it gives others hope that they can too. Thanks so much for posting your message of hope.
Lots of LOVE coming your way.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great News Northbelle.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is amazing!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Do you mind my asking what dose you were on when you came off?

And did you take any meds to help with the withdrawals?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Northbelle. F---en A. That is great!!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Blessed Again

TRULY GREAT TO KNOW. I AM AT 5MG AS OF TODAY I HAVE BEEN DROPPING FROM 90 OVER A LITTLE BIT OF TIME I HAVE BEEN ON METH FOR 10YRS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I TRULY HAVE A SINCERE DESIRE TO STOP ALL.
THE ONLY THING THAT IS ON MY MIND IS THAT I HAVE BEEN PROGRAMMED GOING EVERYDAY TO THE CLINIC I HAVE TO SWITCH THAT FEELING(ALL FEELINGS DO PASS). NEED ALITTLE ADVICE THANX. BLESSEDAGAIN
Old 01-28-2006, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
When we collide, we break.

Congratulations Northbelle!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I quit at 20 mgs a day and 90 of morophine...I am NOT a good taperer!!! I am a fiend!!! Can't ever hang on to that "morning dose"...nope I took no meds...please believe I thought of it but I could not take the shame of going to the doctor...plus I have never got much help from them...they don't always know what they are doing....the hardest part was not sleeping and going to work so twisted in my head...BUT....damn it is nice to be free..not to say the compulsion has left me but things are so much more manageable!! I found a noon meeting that i walk to on my lunch hour....and that takes alot because it is 10 degrees below zero up here!!! Driven by shear despeeration!!! Sometimes I think desperation can save our butts...have to get miserable enough..me anyway.....my friend bought me a tanning package for my 30 days!! A welcome gift up here !!!!....I am not cured of this ...it is always there ..the best part is I don't feel so scattered anymore...starting to get organized in my mind and surroundings again...things like ...food in the fridge...regular meals...bedtime...laundry done...I can read again.....I can really listen to other people without being so consumed by myself.....my son does his homework now...I have so much more TIME because I am not sick or busy trying to plan how and when to get my stuff...I don't have to do dirty stuff to score...I am not hanging with people I am with just for dope...many benefits...still not easy...just very SIMPLE...northbelle
Old 01-28-2006, 10:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

<-------- this is what reading you post made me want to do!

COngrats and keep on truckin'! I'm very proud of you!!!!

I jumped off my dose too b/c I wasn't a "good taperer" either, so I know how hard it is....

You are more proof that it is possible and you give us all hope...congrats again!

Blake
Old 01-29-2006, 10:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

that is a amazing story. I am excited and happy for you and will be here through this journey with all of you.