View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
northbelle
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Smile IT CAN BE DONE!! 30 days off methadone!!

Yes it is true!! I made it on a cold turkey kick off methadone and assorted othere opiates!!! Man...it WAS rough...It took three weeks for the leg and body aches to leave..I got tot he point where I thought I had just messed myself up so bad that I was NEVER going to be OK again...but that is all part of the withdrawal and addict talking in my head!!!..It just takes so long off that stuff...but I swear at about three weeks I started feeling...well..dare I say GOOD??? I just want to encourage anyone else ..and I know there are many...to keep going...it is just so worth it...I sleep so good now...I do have a issue with eating lots of chocolate and sugar but I will jsut have to deal with that later on down the line..the thing that has helped me most is meetings and just putting one foot in front of the other...forcing myself to do what is in front of me...clean the bathroom..go to work..make dinner..do laundry...go to the meeting...read my recovery literature...call someone..take a bath...eat...have sex...have more sex..write...walk....and it has been very HARD...but most things worth having are I hear!.I know I am not done and have to keep doing certain things that do not come so naturally to me on a daily basis...the payoff is huge...and we don't have to do it alone...there is a power available to us that is both mysterious and compassionate ...thats how it has been for me anyway...good to post here and lets hold each other close on this crazy awesome journey...we really do need each other so much...northbelle