Notices

Day 6...

Old 01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6...

and I'm hanging in there. Hello All! I have been drinking heavily for almost 5 years now. I have quit 3-4 times in the past and the longest I have gone is 4 months. I woke up 6 days ago feeling awful, ( I hadn't had much to drink the day before) sweats, nausea, dry heaves, shakes.. and I decided...this is it! I have got to stop now! The first couple of days were pure hell. I stayed in bed most of the time, unless I was running to the bathroom to get sick. I'm feeling better now, but my head is still in a fog and my hands are still shaking although not as bad. I really, really want to do it this time. I'm sick of living my life in a haze. I would start drinking from the time I woke up in the morning until I went to bed at night. I had absolutely no energy, no motivation to do anything, etc... I can't believe that in the past couple of days I actually want to get out of bed in the morning and I'm really getting motivated to do things again!

I am so glad that I found this site. It's wonderful! I know it will be a great help to me. For the past two days I've been on here for hours at a time going thru all the posts I can. I will definitely be on here quite a bit.

Thanks for listening
Old 01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Marie , welcome to SR and CONGRATS on your 6 days ! Sorry you are feeling so crook! Thats Aussie for sick LOL

You will find lots of information and support here, you are no longer alone .

You may want to get some f2f support , and I chose AA as my support, but whichever way you choose , we are here for you

keep posting

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
raerob

I am so glad that I found this site. It's wonderful! I know it will be a great help to me. For the past two days I've been on here for hours at a time going thru all the posts I can. I will definitely be on here quite a bit.
I'm so glad you found us...welcome to Sober Recovery, Marie. Drink a lot of fruit juices, even suck on hard candies from time to time (alcoholic drinks have a lot of sugar that your body is now missing), cut down on caffeine (it will help with the shakes/nervousness). You know from the past, the withdrawal symptoms will go away eventually.

Hang in there!
It's worth the effort!

Old 01-27-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! Sounds like you have a great start. So, what is your plan to make this time different? What are you going to do to stay sober?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Marie! I am on day 4 myself. Feeling strong today.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Marie, Welcome to SR, glad you have decided to stop,
your life will get better each day!
Take care
Old 01-27-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcone!

It's great to see a new member
Old 01-27-2006, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Job! I am on day 6 also! No booze! No Pot! I am in love with this site!

Hey maybe we can celebrate our birthdays together!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Marie!
welcome aboard and congratulations on making a healthy decision to stop drinking... you are going to fit right in around here.

(((openforhelp,andundoing)))
Right ON!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jmhs002
Welcome! Sounds like you have a great start. So, what is your plan to make this time different? What are you going to do to stay sober?
That's a good question.... at the moment I'm just taking it one day at a time, but I know I have to make a plan and figure out exactly what my triggers are. I am going to try and avoid any social situation where I know alcohol will be served for at least the next couple of months. I am definitely not strong enough yet to handle the temptation yet. As for AA meetings, I highly doubt I will go. About 20 yrs ago I went to a couple of ACOA meetings and they just weren't for me. At the moment I am trying to keep busy and I am also reading "Sober for Good" and "First Year Sobriety".

Today is day 7 for me and thankfully the day is going pretty well.