Notices

One Week - woot woot !!

Old 01-28-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Week - woot woot !!

I know, it isn't a huge deal as I have been here many times before. Even though it has been since the 10th that I drank I slipped and used opiates last Friday. Many people don't consider it an AA slip, and there is alot of talk about whether it should be... My thoughts are 'using is using'

Those of us in AA and think we can use drugs responsibly or conversely those in NA who feel that way about AA - I just can't understand your thought process. I am not saying it isn't impossible. I just personally don't understand it.

So.. in the past... if I slip on either it is totally restarting both. Since I used last Friday that means Saturday was my first day of Sobriety and today puts me at my one week birthday

I have been writing in my blog alot, those of oyu who don't ... SHOULD !!! It has been a great way for me to look back at what I was thinking or feelign a couple days ago and compare it to today - re reading what I wrote at the end of the day or start of the next is also helpful sometimes. Today while writing in my blog I realized WHY "One Day at a Time" Truly is one of the most important things you must learn to REALLY believe in if you are going to be successful in AA, at least in the beginning - and I believe it is most likely even more true for those who have been in the program longer.. even 20 + years..

Anyways, more than anything I'm proud of the one week because I ahve learned more this one week of sobriety than all my other weeks put together I think. I have really been looking closely at myself.. It's been frustrating, depressing, aggrivating, and eventually today.. sort of rewarding. What a week, lol ..

Best part about today? I got a present... I don't have the lathergic feelign you experience during opiate withdrawl any more !!!!! Only one week of that hell this time, I got off easy !!! I won't go there again ...
Old 01-28-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((Ryan)))

Congrats on your clean time!! Glad you are feeling better too. Keep posting and keep up the good work too. One day clean is a day won!! The worst day clean it better than a good day using too don't ya think?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

One week is fantastic!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woot Woot! Good for you - it gets better.
JMHS