Notices

Somebody Please Help

Old 01-21-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Somebody Please Help

I am 19 years old and have a beautiful loving girlfriend who is gong to leave em because I am addicted to cocaine I dont do it all the time but whe its there I have to do it. I have promised her I wouldnt do it and broke it several times I do not want to lose her and everything else somebody help
Old 01-21-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I am 19 years old and have a beautiful loving girlfriend who is gong to leave em because I am addicted to cocaine
I don't mean to be mean or rude, but unless you really want to quit then she's doing the right thing, imo.

I dont do it all the time but whe its there I have to do it.
You "DON'T HAVE" to do anything. Unless someone is holding a gun
to your head or threatening you to do lines, you ARE CHOOSING
to do cocaine. Your choosing cocaine over your girlfriend and over
yourself. You don't feel strong enough to be around it and not do it?
I completely understand that, so why are you choosing to be or go around it?
Make changes in your life. You don't have to go down the road you
are headed. Talk to some of the people here, read the threads, look
and really see what some of the people here lost due to their drug
of choice. Your nineteen and you sound smart enough, and you must
want better things for yourself or you wouldn't be here.......
Go to NA if you need more help..

I have promised her I wouldnt do it and broke it several times I do not want to lose her and everything else somebody help

I think a meeting would be good for you? What do you think about that?

Is it something you are willing to try?

I'm sorry that I'm coming across so harsh. Cause I am not one of the harsh ones, I DO understand, and I do have empathy for you. But I see a part of you that wants help and another part that is not looking at reality and what this stuff can do to you.

I know how easily avail. cocaine is in Phoenix, if you don't change some stuff now and how you are living, you could really get into some trouble.
You have more power than you realize. Please look at your choices here, and understand that you are holding the decisions of what your future will bring to you.

and keep posting, it helps to get stuff out.

Look forward to seeing you again.

DWI
Old 01-21-2006, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

What kind of help you lookin' for hon? You could check out an NA meeting or there are meetings online here at SR. I know what you mean thats one nasty drug.I am pulling for you and hope that you can stop now before its gets really bad,, and please believe me when I tell ya it does...
Bless,Trish
Old 01-21-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Miracle had a good suggestion with the meetings online here. Would that be something that you may want to try? The are really good ones and they have them every night.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Growing, Learning, Living

I agree, DWI. Could not have said it better myself.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well don't just post there. get up and call me.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

leaving

Not to many people wanna date people using coccainne unless their both doing it Lee
Old 01-22-2006, 10:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Helpless confused wife

My husband of 10 years is now hooked on meth and I am torn about if I should leave him. I want to try to support him in getting off but he says it is a tool and he can't. He works until 3, 4, 5, even 6 in the morning and then goes to his shop at our property to do side jobs or piddle around. He comes home once or twice a week just to sleep and eat. We have two kids and the emotional roller coaster he is putting me through is impacting me, the kids, and my job. If I was her, not married and no kids I would leave too. She is a smart person. Drugs are evil. I know I have tried cocaine and meth myself from time to time but he has let it take over his life. Listen to her and get off the ****. What kind of life would you want her to be a part of. These things elevate quickly so it's best to stop it before you lose her.

sad and heartbroke wife,
rhonda
Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey guys I am back it's been a few days but I have been working alot. I am a block/brick layer and I have read all of your replies and Thanks. DWI you are not being harsh you are just being truthful. I had a long talk with my girlfriend and she decided to help me out and be there for me. And you are right I do not have to put myself around it, and I'm not... My homeboys that use it have been calling me to kick it but I know what hapens everytime I go so I am staying away. For me Work is the best medicine. I deeply appreciate your help and realize how lucky I am to have my girlfriend stick around when alot of other girls would just leave. I know that this just the beginning though and there will be harder obstacles in my way but I am ready to face them and get this demon off my back. I have the confidence the courage and the faith. Could someone please give me some info on the meetings on this site.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi... you sound determined and you are reaching out... that is a great start.

Here is a link for the schedule of meetings here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...6-a-39702.html

And a link for info about the chat room where the meetings are held...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...aqs-24238.html

Let me know if you have any other questions

Kel
Old 01-24-2006, 11:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ohh! I was so glad to see you back! I was getting worried about you. You sound so good in your 2nd post. I am glad your girlfriend is sticking by you. I know you can do this, I have 10 weeks free and clean from Crystal Meth today actually, it's tough, but you CAN do it.

That's so awesome you are staying away from the guys that are using. I know I couldn't be around friends doing meth, lol, that's funny even thinking about it. I wouldn't even want to be around them anymore. Eventually their behavior may
start to disgust you. I get surprised how I am disgusted now when I see someone
high on meth, I used to look at them and feel totally different. I feel bad saying that
and maybe the word isn't disgust, but it's a feeling far different than I used to have.

Please keep us posted how your doing!!! I'm so happy and excited for you! :-)