it's been awhile

Old 01-02-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

it's been awhile

There are lots of new names, but a few very familiar ones, too. I've taken a vacation from my problems for over a year, but, surprisingly enough, the problems are still here. I'm back to learn from you all again and to receive your wisdom and support. I'm sorry I forgot how much I needed you all. I'm sorry I forgot that some of you may have needed me, too. Selfishly, I return to ask your forgiveness and for your friendship......
Old 01-02-2006, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome back mctired! we can run but we can't hide huh? tell us what's happening - we're all here to support each other.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back McTired!

Glad you came back to SR. No appologies necessary.

Big hugs,
Diana
Old 01-02-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've just been on my own with my kids for a whole month ( I know, stupid month to pick to set my boundaries!). I made it, but I feel pretty rung. It's only a temporary "fix", but a necessary thing to do for my family's sanity. I'm really trying to focus on me and see what I need to do to be healthy and sane and allow my husband to work on his stuff without my "interference", involvement, or allowing him to use me as the common excuse for his poor choices. It's time he made his own decisions for the right reasons and have to face the consequences of his own choices. It's hard, is all, and kind of a lonely thing to do, but peaceful in its own right. Peace is a very good thing.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome back.
I've thought of you often.
I'm not dangerous anymore.
Just Dan
Old 01-03-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Welcome home, friend!

Please read my signature line about forgetting.

Im a forgetter too....so, your not alone....pull up a chair and tell us whats been up with you.....

hugs!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wow! amazing to sign back in after yet another far too long "vacation". I've found myself sitting in filth of my own making and trying to do it all on my own. How easy it is for me to forget I need people and to look at myself and realize how far from me I've grown to be. I've spent that last couple of hours just reading and realizing how comforting it is to be in the presence of strangers that aren't really strangers at all. We have too much in common to not be intimately connected. Thanks for sharing so freely of your dreams and despairs and letting me feel my pain lighten by that sharing. Too much has gone on in the last year and a half since I've been here, but really it's all the same stuff, so nothing to really share at all. I hurt and I need people to point me to my strengths and the roots of who I was created to be. Thanks for being those people!