Notices

Old 01-01-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, I'm Sharon and I'm an Alcohilc. I'm new to this group but not new to AA. I got sober back in Baton Rouge, La. on 8-11-90. It was after a horrible accident I was in Feb. of that year that landed me in the hospital for 10 day. My spleen was removed after being punctured and could have bled to death. There were many broken ribs and contusions that took 3 months to heal. As soon as I got better, I picked up a drink and the progression of the disease was incredible. That Aug. I came home from a local club, late and drunk and an argument follow with my spouse. There with a dare to end my life, I downed a small bottle of Nuprin along with some pain pills from my accident. The next day my small kids tried to wake me without success. In a distance I could hear the phone ringing which today I firmly believe it was God calling me to get up and that he wasn't through with me yet. What happened next was a family intervention with a ride in the back of a police car to a treatment center. My first few days determined I wasn't crazy but instead I had a problem with alcohol. The next 28 days stay in treatment set my feet on the path of recovery. Books and tools, and knowledge were given to me and there I went. Many meetings followed up to 6 years with absorbing much info. and feeding my AA friends with yummy baked goodies daily for service work. As soon as I got to 6 years, my family moved to Houston, Tx. leaving my AA support, family and friends behind. I have been to a number of meetings here but nothing compared to what I was going to back home. I still however hold on to what was so freely given to me to keep me sober. I am grateful today for my sobriety and look forward to this coming new year to see what is in store for me with help and guidance from Above. And on that note. I will say thank you for welcoming into this group and letting me share with you. Sharon M.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sharon,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us! It sounds like you're doing great and we're happy to have you onboard. I hope you keep posting and sharing your thoughts with all of us.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome Sharon!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I'm glad you made it through all that. Welcome to SR, you'll like it here. :-)
Old 01-01-2006, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR Sharon
Old 01-01-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good web site

hi sharon, im 13 yrs sober, www.dickb.com is a good site for recovery. dicks phone # is on the site and he takes calls from people all over the world,hes 80yrs old & lives in hawaii, hes a retired attorney, its worth a try. mark from ct
Old 01-01-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

......Hello Sharon....

I too find AA awesome! Blessings
Old 01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Hi Sharon! So glad you're here! Thanks for introducing yourself. Great post! I'm sure you'll get along wonderfully here. Sounds like you have a lot of experience, strength and hope to share, also. Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

~Kelly~
Old 01-01-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

GLAD YOU SIGNED IN

MOST OF THE REGULARS GET TO BE LIKE FAMILY. maybe this isn't as good as an AA meeting but, people do get to be friends and we do worry bout each other

Glad you signed up

Chris
Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Welcome to SR!! Great place we have here!! Glad you found us!!