Notices

I Need To Do This

Old 11-27-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Arrow I Need To Do This

I need to do this so that I can sleep tonight. I apologize for started the thread "Join Me In A Moment Of Silence". I will not be posting anymore I don't want to cause any more hate and discontent here at SR. I was wrong with the way that I reacted and for that I am wrong. I didn't think that the Serenity Prayer would end up being a controversy.

Love Vic
Old 11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Are you really going to allow this to keep you from posting here? Take a step back and look at it again.

No hate or discontent entered my way. No harm done as far as I'm concerned. The real harm would be if you allow this to interfere with posting here. Mountains and molehills.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Vic that was a wonderful post. You were just sharing with us as we do others in the f2f meetings. That's how I see it and was glad to be a part of a prayer here as well as at my outside A.A. meetings. I just want to let you know I appreciated you posting it. Please remember we are all in diffrent places in our recovery so opinions vary (unfortantley). I thought it was a wonderful gester.

Sherry
Old 11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

I agree; mountains and molehills.

We come here to help and to be helped. Vic, you help many of us. Don't let this little upset deny you your options. You love SR and you know that we love you.

Keep on helping, Vic. Both others and yourself.

Shalom!
Old 11-27-2005, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((((((((Vic)))))))))))) That was a beautiful post. I was appalled when I went back and read what it had turned in to. You are needed here, Vic. The place wouldn't be the same without you. Please don't let one or two people's bad days run you away from here.

Love you, friend.....
Old 11-27-2005, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Vic, just let it go and carry on, which includes posting here

Kevin
Old 11-27-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

geesh, I don't know who had a problem with that. Perhaps the AA FOrum would have been more fitting, but don't give up because of one little thing Vic. Your help is much needed around here. You've saved my butt more than once. So DON"T QUIT!

Michael
Old 11-27-2005, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vic,

I had no problems with "Join me in a moment of silence". It's awesome that you remember those still suffering even while posting. I say that prayer all the time, several times a day. I though it was a nice way to wake up this morning. Please don't quit posting you have much needed wisdom and your writing is greatly appreciated. I was just stating for people to post how they felt, and I too am sorry if I hurt any one or made someone feel angry.

Grumpy
Old 11-27-2005, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Some people just need therapy Vic and that's all there is to it! LOL....you have a heart, keep it that way.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Cool

Vic,

You're kidding I hope?

Check this out, you are making yourself to vulnerable if that effected you like that. This time it was me, I accept that. I also apologized for it also but to let that sway you from what you want to do, is just wrong.

This is hypothectical but "I AM" everywhere, if its not me personally it will be someone else in similiar situations. There is something to learn in everything, I accepted my part of the thread. Keep posting - while what you post is not my style, I wont comment in threads if its going to be a negative if I feel it has no wisdom towards the end of it. Again it will be based on MY opinion from MY experience.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic,

I thought your post was great and it was a genuinely caring thing to do. And, you should not let certain people get to you and let them chase you away from SR. You are loved here and needed. Please rethink your decision.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dan

Threads go poof sometimes, Vic.
It's the nature of the medium. Words on a screen, and all that jazz...
Don't let it crimp your style, man
Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Vic)) I hope you come back and read what everyone has said here. So much love going out to you. You are a bright light in my recovery, and I am so very grateful for you!!

Love,
Missy
Old 11-28-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Luckyv2,
Please don't stop posting! We all need each other or we wouldn't be here.
Blessings are of great need for many of us who are here and I for one am grateful.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Vic - I missed the thread in question, but I do agree with the "mountains and molehills" opinion above... and also with the requests to stay here at SR. You are an integral part of this big tapestry of humanity - you would be missed if you left.

I hope you don't.

--anne
Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Vic,
Hope you are reading what has been posted!
And I hope you stick around and keep helping.Keep your head up man,cause you are really needed here.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Vic,,

Don't make this mistake..

Actually, I was quite confused by this post here.. The only discontent that was caused at all, was cleared up quite quickly, and quite thoughtfully..

I was really upset when I read what was written in your post, as I thought your post
was wonderful, and very proper.. So when the controversey suddenly came up ( as sometimes it does) I was pretty angry.. Not with you..

BUT,, it was taken care of Vic, so why this post?? I am really confused.
I dont feel you shuld leave, and neither does anyone else. No one wants ou to, and
there was really no controversey raised from your thread,, not once we found out what was going on. People have bad days, we addicts go through tough times. It's understandable. It happens here,, I just think it's really cool, when it's recognized,, and it was. SO,, let it go.. Don't drag it on..

You are loved here. You are needed here. Don't leave.

Now,, in all fairness, copy the other thread, (the one with the other apology, you know what I am talking about? not yours) and this whole thread,, and send all of this to your sponsor,, and I will bet,,, your sponsor will tell you that you should not leave...
Let it go,,,,,

We love ya,, remember that.. Remember that people have bad days.. Remember compassion.

Hang in there,
Love ya,
Becky
Old 11-28-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

There is something to learn in everything
absolutely.

And those things that cut are the things I need to look at the most.

Learning how to deflect the things in life that are going to rip little pieces off me and make me want to continually run and hide ....
that takes effort and the initial discomfort of standing and looking at what is actually going down .. and only looking at my part...
and let the other take care of theirs.
But...
this is what I have to continually work on to get well.

I can also be too vulnerable.

I have had to realize though that it's generally MY filter that's off...
Old 11-28-2005, 09:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bass PLAYER

Originally Posted by Greenbug
Vic,
This is hypothectical but "I AM" everywhere, if its not me personally it will be someone else in similiar situations..
This is such a true statement. One of the hardest commands given to us is to “turn the other cheek” Though I am very new here and do not really have any relationship with the others, I see good people reaching out and asking for forgiveness. I once heard someone say that “this (job, business, life) would be easy if I didn’t have to deal with people”.

I believe that as a whole, we look for perfection in an imperfect world (I am more guilty of this than most) my pasture loves to share that “This can’t be a perfect church because I am the pasture” What am I saying?!?!? People are reaching out to you with love and caring and kindness in their heart. It’s really a beautiful thing.

John

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by jbyerly
People are reaching out to you with love and caring and kindness in their heart. It’s really a beautiful thing.
So wonderfully TRUE jbyerly!!!!

Once in a while there is some type of chaos,, or drama,, that goes on here at
SR,,,

But often, there is alot of love,, and that is definately what is going on here... All of us loving Vic, and asking him not to leave,, but to stay!!!!

We love ya Vic, I hope you have gotten that...
Because we do..
Now, come on back, and tell us you're all righ, and end this all..

Love and prayers.
Becky