Notices

I Need To Do This

Old 11-28-2005, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Vic - take yourself in a strong grip, lay out the situation in front of you, and try and see this in a more reasonable light.

I have done exactly the same as you: had complete mental/online breakdowns on SR, only to come wimpering back a few weeks later.

This place rocks. Dont act on the first thoughts, and all that jazz.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Members come Members go.
Their choice and their right.

I do not chase after them.

I will stay here to be of service and to share.

I suggest we all put away the egos and do the same.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD
Members come Members go.
Their choice and their right.

I do not chase after them.

I will stay here to be of service and to share.

I suggest we all put away the egos and do the same.
Thank you Carol!! Good words here!!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Doug

Try to remember Vic,...all the folks who don't care for, or believe in the Serenity prayer, and/or the 12 steps, you have the same "right" to like it and believe as they do not to. Everybody has a choice. Everybody.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

the exact nature of all my wrong always boils down to misplacement of my faith.

I make a choice, act on it, then I question that choice....... many times based on how my choice has impacted others..... especially on the immediate reactions of others.

I didn't get clean to allow doubt and fear to 2nd guess my every move.

You did a good thing Vic. Your spirit was in the right place when you made the decision to post the original.

remember that the enemy thrives on our fears and will continually try to seperate and faction us off into smaller groups until we are all alone trapped in our own heads where it can destroy us.

I like to thnk that membership status heere, at the fellowships, and of life in general is all based on the same thing... desire. I either have it or I don't.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

This is too funny I went from saying that I am not going to be posting anymore and now that has turned into that I am leaving SR that reminds me of confusion which that reminds me of using. It is like when you have 20 people in a room and one says "I didn't mean to say that I was not at fault" and by the time it gets around to the 20th person it says "Did you hear that Vic was at fault and that he robbed the liquior store and went and beat up too kids" Maybe going to extremes there but I don't see how it could be like that when what I said in the beginning could turn out to this if it is still the same. OH WELL..>>Anyway I just thought I would check in let you all know that I am right where I need to be .

Vic
Old 11-28-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Ya didn't drink over it, didja?

Good man for poking your head back in here.

I should make you drive the bus again, but I'm having too much fun up here!
Michael
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Nope Drinking was not there nor was the using but I lied and said that I was not going to post anymore and now I have posted twice so NO MORE>>>>
Old 11-28-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OMG I was so so wrong here again, I was just thinking that I didn't even say thanks to you all for your concern. I apoligize for that you all mean so much to me you really don't have any idea (then again maybe you do) how much each of you and those who have not posted have done in my road to recovery.

You know I made a post here once saying "OMG I Think I Am A TROLL" which in computer talk is someone that causes friction in threads. I used to be like that a whole bunch when I first got here with my own post of course. But I try to be tackful and polite when I post of other peoples threads. And what I meant when I said that I was not going to post anymore was exactly that I didn't want to start any more threads. I have shown my sponsor a few of them and he told me what to do. I am not sure really what to do but I have been doing a lot of praying here.

It is just that the program of recovery is not just in MEETINGS, not just in READING, not just in NOT USING>>The program of RECOVERY is NOT just in the STEPS, The program of recovery IMHO is in the whole pie not just a few things. I have heard everything in meetings, Meeting makers make it, Coffee makers make it, Book Thumpers make it, I don't know really if we can just classify everything into one catagory. I believe that the people who make it are the people who really want it. I know that I do want it and I know that I have it. I hope that I have not stepped on toes again.

Love Vic

One more thing that I was thinking that is like I would apoligize and then start making reasons on why I acted that way. STILL need to work on that too..
Old 11-29-2005, 01:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doug
Try to remember Vic,...all the folks who don't care for, or believe in the Serenity prayer, and/or the 12 steps, you have the same "right" to like it and believe as they do not to. Everybody has a choice. Everybody.
Exactly. Take Pride in What You Like. Courage, lad.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
raerob

Vic...I missed the original thread, but was so intrigued by this one, I had to go back and see what all the fuss was about. Unbelievable, that the suggestion to join in prayer here at SR actually created controversy...ooops...my mistake...it wasn't "the suggestion", but one person taking exception to the suggestion that caused the controversy.

My experience, strength & hope all takes place in the rooms of AA.
To the person who posted this...would that we were all so fortunate as to be able to attend regular AA meetings. Meetings were a very big part of my life for over 20 years until ill health confined me to my home, and I've been unable to make a meeting for the past four years.

I was overjoyed to find this website...this Newcomers thread has been particularly helpful to me in keeping my memory green...I hope in some small way by sharing my experience, strength, and hope here that folks in early sobriety will find the willingness to stay away from that one drink, one day at a time.

It was disheartening to read the post of the person who claimed to be so turned off by the dissention of that thread he/she would no longer consider attending AA meetings. Just goes to show how important it is to remember that this forum is geared toward NEWCOMERS, some of whom might just be looking for an excuse to go back out!

These are words I include in my nightly prayers, "Please watch over the still sick and suffering alcoholic and addict." And, I see no reason to apologize for posting them here, nor should you Vic.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by raerob

It was disheartening to read the post of the person who claimed to be so turned off by the dissention of that thread he/she would no longer consider attending AA meetings. Just goes to show how important it is to remember that this forum is geared toward NEWCOMERS, some of whom might just be looking for an excuse to go back out!

These are words I include in my nightly prayers, "Please watch over the still sick and suffering alcoholic and addict." And, I see no reason to apologize for posting them here, nor should you Vic.
Thank you so much and I understand it now and I am grateful for what you have said. I too was hurt when that one person said that they would not come back and to my knowledge they haven't and it breaks my heart to know that. I think sometimes that some of us get wrapped up into thinking that OUR way is the only way and then we are not teachable.

I feel that it was a good thing also but when there is controversy, I don't like that anymore. Like I said when that happens I think of this saying that I heard one time in a meeting "Confusion reminds me of Using." I just want to try and get along with everyone, I don't want to hurt people today with words or my actions (although I do) but then when I retire at night I try to review my day. Again thanks

Love Vic
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Bass PLAYER

kEEP ON PRAYING THAT PRAYER!!!

Keep on posting that prayer. Mabey it will sink in to somebody who does not know it and change them from the inside out. We plant the seed, God makes it grow.
John

I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me