Notices

How do i help?

Old 10-28-2005, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do i help?

Mr. Tweeker, quit tweeking! He wants to stay clean. He is looking to me like I'm a role model or something. I'm not used to being on this side of things.
the only thing I have suggested to him is to start writting a journal. and only write about things in his life that are very difficult to talk about. Or have never told anybody.
each time he just wants to talk to me about those things, it makes me uncomfortable. and the whole idea of journaling is to better understand yourself. so you can actually heal.
it helped me, so I suggested it to him. is there something ealse, am i forgetting things? I quit 4 years ago, I focus on living a productive life now days. its hard to go back to the early days and remember what he is going through. we've been passing eachother everyday for years and I have learned to ignore him and focus on me! lol He liked it cuz, he was able to tweek! lol but he told me he got lonesome thats why he quit!
help! I'm not A sponcer or a theripist.
Butterflys
Old 10-28-2005, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think I'm confused, anyway sharing your experience with him is a great way to start helping him? Maybe see if he wants to write on
Powerless
Addiction
Unmanageable
Obsession
Compulsion
Self-centeredness
Why do you get uncomfortable when he shares his journal? It sounds like god has put this person in your life for a reason. When I get uncomfortable about things that are really not worth getting uncomfortable about I check myself. Why are these feelings coming up with you? It's hard to recongize the message sometimes and he maybe giving you that message.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

possibly the best help ( beside praying for him) you could give him is to take him to a meeting.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

moon,
its uncomfortable because, he was molested. as I was also! I've delt with that part of my recovery to the best of my ability. for me it will always be there deep inside. I dont feel strong enough about the subject to help somebody ealse with it. I'm only am strong enough to try and keep it at bay so it doesent cause me to go back out and hide from the pain.(do drugs)
I love him so maybe its just to much for me! I dont want to abandon him in his pain. but a theripist is trained in these kind of issues. I'm not!
Old 10-28-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Butterflys
moon,
its uncomfortable because, he was molested. as I was also! I dont want to abandon him in his pain. but a theripist is trained in these kind of issues. I'm not!
Yep I think that a lot of us have been molested, or atleast I have. I am not ashamed of it today because I know that it was not my fault. I did not have a part in it..Also I don't know the situation real good but I think that maybe your friend should go to meetings, or like you said a theripist. I think that you are doing what you have to do to protect you sobriety, and that is very important. We all have to do what we have to do to stay clean so I aplode (sp) you there..Hope that you keep coming back and remember just for today..

Love Vic