Notices

Making A Beginning

Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Making A Beginning

We had to face the fact that we must find a spiritual basis for life or else.

We found that, as soon as we were able to lay aside our prejudice and express even a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commence to get results.

As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative Intelligence, A Spirit of the Universe underlying the totatlity of things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction, provided we took the other simple steps

Do not let prejudice you may have against spiritual terms deter you from honestly asking yourself what those terms mean to you.

We needed to ask ourselves but one short question. "Do I now believe or am I even willing to believe in a Power greater than myself?"

Faced with alcoholic destruction, we soon became as open-minded on spiritual matters as we were on other questions.

Lay aside prejudice against organized religion.

We asked ourselves this: Are not some of us just as biased about the realm of Spirit as were the ancients about the realm of the material?

We had to stop doubting the power of God.

We had to fearlessly face the proposition that God is everything or else nothing. God either is or isn't. What was our choice to be?

We found the Great Reality deep down within us. It is only there that God may be found.

Sweep away prejudice....think honestly...search diligently...within yourself. Join us on the Broad Highway.

With this attitude you cannot fail. The conciousness of your belief is sure to come to you.

Alcoholics Anonymous courtesy of La Hacienda Treatment Center, Hunt TX
Old 10-25-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Very cool.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's why it works
Old 10-28-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GOD is CRAAAZZZYY about YOU!

Today is the 1st Day of the Rest of Your Life

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, something to get over, some unfinished business, have kids, get them raised, a job to do, a debt to be paid. Then – yes, then - life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.

I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument, while the song I came to sing remains unsung.

Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.

We can never go back and make a brand new beginning – but we can start right now and make a brand new ending.

Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.

Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in wondrous amazement & awareness.