Notices

An Old Emotion Awakens

Old 09-09-2005, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Midas

An Old Emotion Awakens

Back Biting? Back Biting?! I don't see any back-biting! *Gasp* That could never happen here!!

Do you always wear those horse blinders, or just for special occasions? I'm curious.

I almost cannot put this awakened beast into any recognizable words. Resentment? Hardly. Offended? Not even close. Blood boiling, eyes about to explode out of your skull? Getting Warmer! I am livid beyond anything I've ever felt before. Maybe I'm OVER REACTING. Oooh. If any yooz even think about saying that, I'll pull my F*ing eyeballs out and throw them at you.

Don't be too surprised if you suddenly notice I haven't been online for a while. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I don't even want to be here right now typing this load of crap. Meanwhile the majority of you all could care less.

I never was very good at goodbyes, so --

Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Midas....

I never was very good at goodbyes, so --
that's good..
.. then don't say goodbye.. ;o)

I don't know what happened... but...
I really hope you don't allow it to chase you off the boards...

work through it Midas.... and stay...
Old 09-09-2005, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by bikewench
work through it Midas.... and stay...
I take two of these before I log on here...

Sometimes three
And even then, I still get torqued out of my self, sometimes.

Remember Barry... Easy does it.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh dear (((Midas))) Adding another. Thanks (((Dan))) think I'll take a couple myself, hmmm how the heck do you swallow that horse pill?
Meanwhile the majority of you all could care less.
Oh pooey, you know we all CARE. Emotions are running high with all of us...we noticed when some are gone and WE wonder and pray they are ok.

Know what, maybe a bit of a SR time out is what you're needing right now, we all feel that way at times.

Yep easy does it........ do a bit of this today.......> and no eyeball tossing ok, getting my butterfly net just in case.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i, for one, cannot say i have experienced anything but total love, compassion and straight forward honesty from those i interface with on this site. i pray for all of those that feel they have been hurt by anyone responding to them will know that the good FAR outweighs the bad here. i hope you will come back into our fold at some time in the future!

hugs - christie
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The problem with the emotional content, I feel, is that we all worry that people are going to slip if we say something that hurts them. This is hardly maturity. Like they cant look after themselves. This desperate need for "a group" because we are alcoholics is, in my opinon, not exactly healthy. If people go dont feel responsible - that you have broken the programme, or they are in danger. They are adults. If we didnt argue now and then we would'nt know what a peaceful relationship was - its all relative, right?

Many say we are here to save each other. I dont buy that at all. It puts us under a responsibility - for what we share, what we advise. I am not a doctor, nor an expert in alcholisim. I know plenty who are. Thank God.

I cant imagine it would be the same for a group of cancer patients, all sat around advising each other about what meds to take. And them feeling responsible if one doesnt take the meds.

Thats not to say we shouldnt help each other - but for me, what is healthy, is being independent and experiencing the world in a quite solitary way - where people are going to pis s me off and me them - but it doesent have to be resolved or agonised about.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

and no eyeball tossing ok, getting my butterfly net just in case.
ewwwww.. eyeball tossing...

And that's just gonna cause trouble now... cause I'm sure Midas only has two... and everyone is gonna want one...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You brought me back Midas, can't clean my house thinking you're feeling sorta uggy today, is uggy a word? looks like it is now.

Bringing you some TLC...

We love you and we care, you're a huge part of our SR family.
Do something nice for yourself today, even if it's going for a long walk, clear the old cobwebs.

Hugs.....Denise
Old 09-09-2005, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

fare the well....
Old 09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, Midas. I must be missing something here. I have to say I've never gotten anything but support here either, directly or indirectly... and I would count you among those who have helped me along the way. I'm not sure what happened to upset you so - I haven't been watching things all that closely lately - but I do hope you don't leave in such a state.

I'm sorry that you're so angry. I hope you're able to come to some kind of healthy closure with whatever has brought you to this point.

take care.
--anne
Old 09-09-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((Midas)))) I am so sorry you have desided to leave .......and even more sorry that your feeling so bad ...
I hope you reconsider and stay here with us you always have so much to give and I for one certainly do care ..........as I too also count you as one of the people here at SR have helped me .....
As for your curiousity about the horseblinkers ! yep I've seen theres been some problems here lately I choose not to get involved other than to say I have been lucky enough not encounter that myself and that I hoped those that had would reconsider leaving because there are many people on here (such as yourself) with alot of ESH to share .........
Hope to see you back real soon Midas love Lulu xx
Old 09-09-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Midas, I was really just totally taken back by your post. Wow..
I'm not completely sure what happened, although I (may??) have an idea..
If it's what I think it is, PLEASE consider staying here, we need you much.
I don't go there much, I need to watch which forums I go to, because I get myself to upset, and worked up over things people say.. They upset me too..
I don't know.
Just please step back and take a deep breath and really think about whether you want t leave SR or not.. Please don't. You hang out here mostly in this newcomers forum, which is SO TOTALLY wonderful of you, spreading your kindness throughout, welcoming and helping oput the newcomers. You are an inspiration here.
PLease consider staying, we need you, and so do so many that aren't even here yet, haven't even come through those doors (screen) yet..... Everyone brings a little piece into this, and gives what they can to help.. You give a really big piece of that,,, please continue to do that.... You are needed and wanted.
Love and respect, Becky
Old 09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Midas,

You can't go. Who will I send "sweary old geezer" messages too? Look at this thread, feel the support, whatever happened, its just pushed a button which is rotten but in the long run we get stronger because of it. I am counting on you being here for this journey together and yet on our own. I note you have not locked the door yet so don't. I look forward to seeing you soon. I will always remember how kind and helpful you have been even we iare just chatting, it has and does help me.

Love Kevin
Old 09-09-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey there buddy, I wanted you to see something,,,,,,
here it is, drum roll please

A Little About You:
Laughter is good medicine

I just wanted to share that with you, I got that off from your personal page.....
(profile, or whatever it's called, lol)

SMILE....

Love, Becky
PS-- Look at all the people that would be heart broken if you left..
One more thing, next month is 6 months for me, and providing I get to it, and that is the plan, I need someone (hint) to make me one of those really super cool
chips.... Then of course there's my 1 year ....... Well, you get the point,, lol
See how needy I am...
Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What on earth is going on here on the Newcomers Board? What kind of message do you want to send out to those who come here for the first time? That recovery is still full of the same chaos that came with using? Or that that there is a calmer, healthier way of life?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Midas

Thanks Everybody. I'm overwhelmed. Ummm, Millwall buddy, I don't think I understood your post at all. Nonono. it's OK. At this time, I am uncertain whether I'm staying or departing. Cobwebs...clear the old cobwebs. Odd you should mention that, wingsfree.

I'm in a really bad place today spiritually. Darkness descends on me, spreading like the Raven's wings.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Midas,

I got my duster out and am looking for the cobwebs, pah one just fell on my head ....

Glad you still here and I look forward to spending much more time with you

Kevin
Old 09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Midas

I'm signing off to go rest for a while. Feelin' kinda disoriented. Thanx everybody for helping me not pick up that first drink!! Luv Ya! Never have I received SO many PM's in one day. or a whole month for that matter...

Old 09-09-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Great Midas, have a good rest.

nogard
Old 09-09-2005, 03:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

.. rest is good.. ;o)