Notices

Bi-Polar Chat

Old 02-24-2001, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leann Ligeski

Post Bi-Polar Chat

I want to chat with others who are Bi-Polar.

Antioch, IL USA

Old 02-24-2001, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Anyone who reads these posts on a regular basis is gonna laugh at me for mentioning it again, but ...

HelpDepression.com has an Ask Your Angel section. It's basically a list of current and/or past depression sufferers who've decided to volunteer their time to help others in similar situations.

Just go to http://www.helpdepression.com/angel_profiles.html and choose one that most closely matches your situation (using the profile provided). If you have any problems finding one, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Chad Colbert
[email protected]
http://www.helpdepression.com/
Old 03-14-2001, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
boomer222

Originally posted by Leann Ligeski:

Antioch, IL USA
this is really for my friend her son died a couple of months ago he was bi-polarand he started taking methadone she begged them not to give it to him but they wouldn't listen and she wants anyone who can help her to e-mail her here at my house [email protected] chat with me here
patti eicher

Old 04-20-2001, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GlobalGirl

I'm bipolar too.
You can reach me at my site @ http://takeoff.to/Recovery

I belong to a few bipolar groups and would like to have more bipolar friends.

Old 07-16-2004, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

Originally Posted by Leann Ligeski

Antioch, IL USA

give me a day and time, and i would love to chat w/ u
i am bi-polar 1 and have been in treatment for about 4 yrs
Old 07-16-2004, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi chin!

Welcome to SR! If you look to the left above the user name, you will see this first post was in 2001! But stick around, you just may have started something here!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Eternal Butterfly...

<font color=ff6600>I'm bi-polar as well...my family just found out. I have been for most of my life...I'm only 20. I was diagnosed 5mths ago but I'm not on medication because I seem fine now...but at times it get hard so my doctor and I are discussing that. The disease has gotten me into a lot of trouble before, which thankfully (thank God, He is merciful) I emerged from with my life and general health. I find it difficult to believe at times that I'm not in control of the stupid things that I do sometimes. My bf...can't deal with this, he wants to but obviously it's difficult for him. I really love him, and it breaks my heart that I may scare him away. My family is very supportive, though they seem to be in as much denial as I am in. I just don't know what to do or say sometimes because I don't want to say something in a mood or an episode that I'll regret later.
Brianna
Old 07-20-2004, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bipolar alcoholic crack-head

Yeah this sucks and it is hard and alot of people say that using your mental health issue is a cop out but that is ******** because they have no clue. The definition of bi-polar doesnt even come close to how horrible and helpless it can make you feel. if your lucky enough to afford a psychiatrist they just try to pump you fulll of pills which you may or may not need and then na/aa says no you just need the steps and i feel like im going to lose my mind!!!!!!! I cant afford a psychiatrist now and i am on my last bottle of Depakote. Im looking for help but cant seem to find it (medicallly) so i dont know what is going to happen next month. I am also in the middle of a "divorce" from a man that wouldnt marry me but we have a 3 yr old angel and he will use my mental illness against me any chance he can!!! I am terrified
Old 07-21-2004, 10:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

i don't know how to reply to that except by saying i DO know how u feel. i know how no one understands where u r coming from. they can't understand i suppose. try understanding why u can't work or for that matter function in general. i feel for u and know how bad it really sucks u r running short on meds, that being just another worry to ad on top of your kids an divorce. my health ins. is running up quickly and so r my funds. i m on effexor, trileptal, clonazapam and abilify. i m not sure how i m going to afford my meds and don't know what is going to happen when i can't. i'll pray for u. keep in touch, for me it helps (even just a little) to talk to others who can understand, and though it may not fix problems there can be some solice found.
oh, by the way, my name is jack (27yrs old), have had this my whole life although it became really bad about 5 yrs ago.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

hi shelly

hey shelly
how r u doing. what meds r u taking. it seems like everything i m put on just makes me worse (suicidal, really manic or really depressed). my e-mail is chinushiwa******.com if u want to talk more.
jack
Old 07-23-2004, 07:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Red face Just a crazy thought

I know as a bi-polar being that we tend to want to quit taking meds when we feel better and then we get worse yada-yada-yada. But I cant afford to see a psychiatrist and I am tired of changing meds(and weight) so much that i dont know how i feel. I know I am really depressed about STUPId things and giddy over nothing. So I think i may stop my meds and feel it out. maybe keep a mood chart and see how i feel. Any opinions?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

My Best Friend Is Bi-polar and i need help dealing with it!

My best friend brooke is bi-polar, well she hasnt been diagnosied with it but i know all of the signs and she is really depressed all the time and just stuff like that. Ok well we talk quite a bit and most of the time shes "up" but 2 weeks agao we were talking and she was telling me about how her mom was threatening to kick her out of the house and crap like that and she was really upset (her mom has problems) and she was complaining about her and she asked me if i agreed with her that it was wrong what her mom was doing, and i sayed "Your mom isnt my most favorite person in the world" and she said ok like it was no big deal. But yesterday she wouldnt talk to me and everytime i would call she would hang up on me and i had NO clue what i had done! So i finally got her to tell me what was up. She said she was mad at me because i had said that i had hated her mom! Which i never said. Obviously she was down. But she went off on how im such a horrible friend and she couldnt forgive me anymore the she hung up. I had no clue what she was talking about!!! But she just blew our friendship off just like that over something that i had said weeks ago. Now i havent even bothered calling her. She has put me through the toughest year of my life. I have helped her through starting drugs and her eating again, but no matter what happened i was always there for her, and most of the time she did the same for me. She will probably come crawling back to me but should i accept??? I know im not bi-polar but mabey someone who is could understand why she would do this to me because i sure dont.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Always Forgive

I am Bipolar and have been through all of the crap that goes along with it. I even got kicked out of my house at 14. Now when I look back on it I dont see how my parents dealt with me at all. Back then, I am only 29 but still, back then they didnt medicate teenagers for bipolar as often. If I would have been it would have changed my life and kept me from going through the eating disorders and drug and alcohol addictions that haunted me in my early 20's and some still today. I only see my side of it usually but I know it must be tough to deal with your friends ups and downs and freak outs but it really isnt her fault. And she is probably feeling more hurt and miserable than everyone put together. Just support and Love her and give her space at times. Make sure she continues going to the doctor. She will need a good friend to rely on. But for your own sake you need to set YOUR boundries and explain them to her, on a "good day". Love her as you love yourself!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am 21 and bipolar. Being bipolar at this age being the type of person I am it has caused a lot of problems. When I meet and make new friends I inform them that I am bipolar and they might see me taking my medications and if they don't know what bipolar disorder is I reffer them to a web site that can can explain everything better then I can. In just the last year I have been told I am crazy and nobody is ever going to love and or want to be with me but that also came out of the mouth of a guy who is sweet and stuff until you turn him down. Then he goes off the deep end. Sometimes I sit back and watch ppl and realize that though I might be bipolar I am actually a lot more stable then a lot of ppl and sometimes I even think I'm the sane one. When it comes to my family I actually am the sane one. I might have a mental health diagnoses but that's because I asked for help... nobody else has and when you are 20 sitting on your bed talking to a friend about a big fight you and your mom just had and all the sudden your mom kicks in the and starts going off like a bomb is usually when ppl finally start to believe my life and that it's not all made up. A lot of ppl think oh every family has a few issues but there are "familes" that aren't even families anymore. It's just a bunch of ppl living in the same house or not. Did I get off the subject? I think I did! Oooops!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I put a link in the Resources forum for Bipolarworld. I know they have a chat and active forums. I'm not bipolar so I can't tell you how active that chat is.

Look under Mental Health and you'll find it.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paused

Originally Posted by VanillaSugar21
I am 21 and bipolar. Being bipolar at this age being the type of person I am it has caused a lot of problems. When I meet and make new friends I inform them that I am bipolar and they might see me taking my medications and if they don't know what bipolar disorder is I reffer them to a web site that can can explain everything better then I can. In just the last year I have been told I am crazy and nobody is ever going to love and or want to be with me but that also came out of the mouth of a guy who is sweet and stuff until you turn him down. Then he goes off the deep end. Sometimes I sit back and watch ppl and realize that though I might be bipolar I am actually a lot more stable then a lot of ppl and sometimes I even think I'm the sane one. When it comes to my family I actually am the sane one. I might have a mental health diagnoses but that's because I asked for help... nobody else has and when you are 20 sitting on your bed talking to a friend about a big fight you and your mom just had and all the sudden your mom kicks in the and starts going off like a bomb is usually when ppl finally start to believe my life and that it's not all made up. A lot of ppl think oh every family has a few issues but there are "familes" that aren't even families anymore. It's just a bunch of ppl living in the same house or not. Did I get off the subject? I think I did! Oooops!
I was just diagnosed as being Bi-Polar today...it has been an an going thing ever since i can remember. I totally understand where you are comming from when you say that you feel like the "sane" one...when i am out with my friends they always get nuts and i am the one calming them down. As far as everyone besides my really close friends and my parents are concerned...i have my S**T together. But i dont and i finnally admitted that to myself today...does it get any easier?
Old 08-03-2004, 09:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well Brandon, I can't say it gets easier or worse. It depends. I was doing great for the longest time and all the sudden stuff in my life made everything go out of wack. Now my doctor changed my medications and left the place I go to so I'm screwed cause I'm having a lot of problems with my one medication and nobody will listen to me. I figured hey this is a place to come to for support and everything and for the most part I like it but now I'm starting to rather stick to my friends who are bi-polar because if I ask them if they took a certain medication and stuff they will talk to me about it. Unlike here where I asked and I felt like I was getting ganged up on when all I did was ask if anyone took klonopin. I feel more comfortable talking to my friends. I have 6-7 friends who are bipolar some are more stable then me some are a lot worse then me but if one of us starts a new medication we can ask the others if they took it and all that without feeling like we(I) commited a crime. My one friend and I started Lamictal at the same time and we like to compare how it works for both of us and all that. I don't think it does sh*t for me but he's doing great on it. A lot of medication I've been on the others are starting or have taken. A friend of mine is on Paxil. I tried to OD on it and I saw something on the news about it so I got on my town TV site and sent him what they said about it. We're a team like that. If ya ever want someone to talk to you can hit me up Brandon. It's no problem!
Old 08-08-2004, 08:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I've Taken My Life Back!!

Smile Bipolar and here for others

I am 38, bipolar, and recently social anxiety. I have been bipolar all my life. My mother, alcoholic, father, left when I was 8, also alcoholic. My mother just says she’s moody, but bipolar is hereditary. I know how alot of you feel. I used to tell people I was bipolar, but walking around with a label on my head just frustrated me even more!! Being told what I was and wasn’t capable of, HA! I tried pot years ago( this was 10 years ago) and got scared, so went to ( so I thought) my daughter's grandma on her Dad's side, who sat there understanding, when in all reality she was patronizing me, and had me locked up for 2 hellish weeks. I went voluntary, of course, to find out what on Earth was going on. While doped up in this rehab, here they come Grammy and poppa of my daughter, please sign this so we can get your daughter on our insurance while she stays with us, stupid me, I sign it! My rights away! So, I get out of this place, on one medication after another, relationship after another, missing my daughter, my daughter missing me......
It is now 10 years later. I live in a different state, my daughter will be 15 this month and we are very close. I am a college student who finished my last semester with a 4.0 GPA, inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society for my GPA. People still say oh you can’t do this and you can’t do that, I still live off of disability, and do what I can. I still find myself in stupid situations, but do my best to try and get out of them. 3 more years and my daughter and I will have our lives back...
My point to all this, is DONT EVER GIVE UP! There is always hope, diet, exercise, new meds, new Dr’s, new ideas!! Keep a journal, write your thoughts... I have for over 20 years, visit my site... Thoughts, Dreams, and Feelings another one that I found helpful and related to was the Mercurial Mind her site is awesome, I found pointing people there that DONT understand bipolar helps The Mercurial Mind I hope this helps, feel free to email, message me... I have found in these 10 years that it’s not so much a mental illness, as it is a brain disorder... Love to all, DONT GIVE UP!

Last edited by eveie; 08-08-2004 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Forgot to post U R L
Old 08-09-2004, 05:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Eveie,
My "families" debate on who "gave' me bipolar. LoL Like they gave me a cold it's kinda funny. When my mom tells me stories about when I was 2 and would get manic and decorate the bathroom with lipstick and pads, and anything else I could get my lil fingers on I laugh. I don't care which parent I got it from. They both crazy to me. My dad is a drug addict and has been in and out of jail my entire life. They just caught him a few months ago. They put $1000 on his head. I was really hoping I'd see him I could really use that money. LoL Yeah I have a lot of issues with my dad. My brother is bipolar though he won't admit it or take medications. If my little sister ends up being bipolar then I know my dad's side gave me the gene... but even if she did they would never admit it. My dad's side has never been in my life. I was the 2nd baby and wasn't really wanted by anyone other then my mom and my mom's side. My dad tries to deny me sometimes. Which I find funny because my half sister looks just like me. Only difference is she 14 and taller then me and our faces are different. She has her mom's face and I have my mom's. Anyways... what was my point... ok I dunno where I was going with that buuuut I don't care if someone lables me because I know that all the lables are true... most. So bad ones aren't. But if someone calls me pyscho... I smile and say uh huh that's me but I'd rather be called Psycho Princess or something just to be a smartazz. Only things that get me upset is one someone calls me fat but I'm getting past that too. I am who I am there is nobody else in this world that is like me but if someone wants to put me in a catagory and lable let them because then I'll just prove I'm a little of everything. LoL The boyfriend I have now calls me weird and I call him a dork. It's our way of goofing off and it doesn't bother. If someone who doesn't know me lables me I find it funny. I have many "nick names" and none of them bother me because most just calls me Sweets but sometimes I'll go into a fit about something and then I'm Sweet B*tch, Sweet Devil, whatever. I just blow them all off because I actually know they are true. I know to a lot of ppl I am a b*tch but they only think that because either they didn't like my answer to something or how forward I can be. Don't bother me. Lables are lables all your life... everyones life you are gonna be labled as something... my many lables... lil sister, big sister, daughter, grand daughter, aunt, neice, best friend, friend, social butterfly (where I got that one I have no idea... I guess when I was manic), Redneck, snob, psycho, b*tch,... I could keep going but they don't bother me. I can be everything they call me. Well not a sl*t or anything... those kind tick me off. Ok I think I've got off topic more then once. I hate when I do that. I try not too. Sorry!
Old 08-19-2004, 01:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Unhappy tears of realization

Eveie,

This is my first time in this forum. I was diagnosed with depression about 6 years ago when I couldn't get out of bed for months on end, but I wasn't diagnosed as bi-polar until about a year ago. The doc gave me meds and I quit taking them after a month or two (I have always hated taking meds and have a hard time remembering). I never thought much more about it until recently.

It's a hard pill to swallow in admitting to myself that I have a "mental health" problem. Depression is one thing (it's so common that I don't think of it that way.)

Anyway, I got into Al-anon about 2 months ago and thought, " I can handle this...yeah this is going to fix everything if I work it and stay with it." But then I started learning more about my codependency issues and (I'm having a hard time even writing this through the tears) and now I'm seeing for the first time how truely messed up I am.

I visited the "Mercurial Mind" site you listed above and cried as I read it. I had convinced myself that the doctor didn't know what he was talking about because once I got on anti-depressants I was fine. And I have been pretty okay until lately.

I haven't been able to understand why suddenly getting up and functioning each day has become so hard all the sudden even though I have been on anti-d's for the first time.

I would have already lost my job if I didn't have an A boss who understands some of the **** I'm going through.

I just feel like I am so ill that I will never even understand what is wrong with me. It seems like each week I find out something else that I should be on meds for or in theropy for and my insurance doesn't cover any kind of therapy.

I like the manic states, but I've been down for about a week and a half now. I'm going to try to go back to my doc in a day or two.

What really got me about the Web site is when he says that some days he has to really think about what red, yellow and green mean on a stop light. I don't know why and I don't understand it, but I know EXACTLY what he means.! I have a college degree from a Big 12 university and I ALWAYS get confused when using a fax machine. I feel so stupid. I know how to make it work...the problem is I can't remember if the page I'm sending is suppose to go face up or face down! So I have to always ask someone or send the fax twice to make sure it's right. - Either way I feel so stupid. I hid a note at one time for myself under the machine and then the machine was moved and I guess my note was thrown away.

I can work a $10,000 digital camera with all kinds of different buttons, symbols, lenses and a menu full of hundreds of different commands, but I can't remember how to send a damn fax!

I know very little about this condition since I basically ignored my doctor's diagnosis of me so any information or ANYTHING available would be greatly appreciated.

Overwhelmed,
Jenna