The Saga Continues

Old 11-13-2002, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry The Saga Continues

Hi All:

Well, this morning started out quiet, but as always at 8:15 am I called the girlfriend's house to be sure she got off ok without the son holding her hostage! Well, she didn't answer so I called her cell phone. HE ANSWERED! I said, why are you answering her cell phone, where is she? He said she's right here at the house. So I said ok, I'll call the house. I called the house and there wasn't any answer, the answering machine was off. I called the cellphone again, no answer. I called his business line and no answer but a recording. So I left a message saying if she didn't call me back in two minutes I would call the police. Next thing I got a call from her on the cellphone. He had her in his truck and wouldn't let her out. He said I would be sorry if I called the police. I said ok take her home. He took her home and let her go but no before he extorted 200.00. I know he doesn't want trouble with the police again, but pretends not to be afraid. That's it!! I have had it!! As I speak I am not crying, not feeling sorry for him! I'm mad just plain mad. I later spoke with him and he told me that he didn't take his pill (bipolar) yeah right! Didn't take the pill I said wow, that's responsible..bet you took the drugs through! Of course he denies drugs! I told him he needed to get help and until he does, not to call me. He suppose to leave on Friday for his Dad's in another state (please) but I know he won't go because his Dad would never allow drugs there because his wife's daughter lives there and she is in recovery! At this moment I'm mad, and hate him for everything! I'm not sure how I will feel a hour from now but I know for sure she can't go back there tonight. He calls her every minute now he says he's going to go to her work she's terrified...I said pray he does so you can call the police. The problem is this he threatens if we call the police we'll be sorry when he gets out. I'm tired of his threats too! I never want to call the police for fear of what he'll do! I just keep hoping he'll leave quietly on his own. I refuse to think I raised this child!!! How could I have done such an ugly job!! Thanks for listening.....Devastated
Old 11-13-2002, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Devastated,

Does his girlfriend want to stay with him or is she there because she is too afraid to leave?

Sounds like you are both in a dangerous situation that needs to be dealt with somehow. You could both get a restraining order, but you would both have to be willing to break all contact.

I think calling the police would be the wise thing to do. There are battered women's shelter that the girlfriend could go to if she needed to.

Holding her hostage and taking her money is not good. I fear for your safety and hers.

Please be careful and do what it takes to protect yourselves.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-13-2002, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the saga continues

Hi Morning Glory:

It's her house!!! He hasn't hit or done anything like that...however, I know she can't go back there. She is going to stay here with me. She's done it before and for some reason he didn't come by here, although we're only 15 minutes away. Probably because he's really not sure if I would call the cops or not. The answer is I would. He was here last week when the police (7 cars, with lights and sirens) came up our street, which is a really quiet, residential area, because they had a report of a possible break-in situation. Of course, it was a false alarm but just goes to show you how bored the police are around here. So when he threatened me this morning about coming over here, I said, do it! And then said, by the way you know how fast the police can be at my house right??? Well, he didn't come by. Hugs, Devastated