To all of you..

Old 11-05-2002, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To all of you..

I just read some of the messages from the last couple of days...and I have a burdened heart to tell you all what wonderful parents you are. To have the compassion to do what is right for your A, All of the while trusting in a higher power, to satisfy your desire to " fix" your own pain is truly remarkable. I am a mother of two children 16 & 6, and although I have had no "addiction problems" with them, I can honestly feel your pain. I am soooo very blessed by your compassion, humility, and perseverance along with incredible words of wisdom for hurting people. I am just in AWE and kind of at a loss for words...but...God bless each of us on the road to recovery.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bikerprincess

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words.

Something that is often overlooked, is that our A children are more than just A's.

My son is a sweet, sensitive (although he can be a jerk sometimes), lovable human being. When he is not active in his disease, we share a wonderful life, we go to movies, sports events, and visit each other often. My husband and he enjoy just going out doing guy things and having coffee and chatting. He works, plays and has stories to tell, just like "normal" people. We share family dinners on Sunday and often go to church together. And he has a life entirely separate from us too, so we do not smother each other.

When he is active in his disease, we never forget the person inside, the non-addict who is desperately trying to be okay. And that is why we are sad. It is as if they are trapped in this body of addiction and can't get out. So we pray a lot, and so do they.

It is such a relief and joy to find so many on these boards who understand all this and what it means. And to have them share their experience, strength and hope, and like you their support, means the world to us.

Thank you Bikerprincess and God Bless.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Anns,

How old is your son, if I may ask?
Old 11-06-2002, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

bikerprincess,

Thank you for this post. I missed it somehow before. I've been so busy that it's hard to catch up.

I'm glad you joined our family here.

Hugs,
MG