My Girlfriend

Old 07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Girlfriend

Ok, let me first say that I am a recovering acholoic. I havent drank for 31 months. My girlfriend was recently fired from her nurse job for stealing and taking narcotics. We have been dating for almost 4 months...we really love each other. I had no clue that she was stealing the drugs...and have been very supportive of her about getting help. She just started in-treatment...before going in she was worried that I wouldnt be their when she came out...we got along great right before she went in. Spent a solid week living together. She has now been in intreatment for a week. I finally got a call from her today...it was the first day she could call...the call was very quite....before getting the call I had weird feelings that she isnt going to feel the same about me anymore when she comes out of treatment...I miss her a lot and she wont be done with treatment for 3 weeks...Why am I having these feelings? Is it just the fact that I havent seen her for a week? I should know this time is for her and its about the program...I am upset at myself for feeling this way...but I really worry that she wont love me as she did before the treatment....WHY?!?!?!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Y2KG))))

Welcome to SR....

4 months is not a very long time to have been involved with someone. I take it most of the time she has been with you she has been using?

You know yourself that when we have been using we are not really all that much in touch with our feelings....Time will tell ya know.

Maybe you could bennifit from checking out naranon or alanon meetings.

I don't know what she is coming off of or how long she has been using but, unless she has been using for only a short while you may not even really know the real her and it might take sometime for her to feel comfortable revealing the real her to you...

Take it easy on yourself.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Welcome!! Could her quiteness be from some of the same feelings your having? She is going through alot of emotions right now. A friend of mine went through a treatment program and her spirit was broken in a sense. She was a "loudmouth" complainer type but when I was able to see her she was so quite. All I can suggest is just be there for her without alot of pressure to talk romance. She may not have the energy reserve to dicusss anything but her treatment. Let her take the lead!! Kerry
Old 07-15-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Reader...yes her quiteness could be from some of the same feelings I am having....Her using wasnt all the time...in fact it was only at times when we werent together...The thing about her is that her whole life she has been very outspoken, energetic and loud...I have been told by some of her old friends that this is the happiest they have ever seen her...I will take your advice and keep romance out of the conversation and just talk about her recovery...When she gets out of treatment we are going to her parents place for a week!

splendra...I agree 4 months isnt that long...however both of us have agreed that we are great for each other.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Y2KG21....Welcome to SR
This is a great place. Lots of help and understanding.

For you to tell your fears, thoughts and concerns will help. Keep coming back.

If you go to the Nar-Anon site here on SR there is prob some female addicts that have told their story on there.
Just post and ask if they wanted to stay after clean and sober?
If you were not a rebound situation, probably things will be fine.

I mean these as suggestions only, take what you can use and leave the rest.
I want the very best for you both. clancy46
Old 07-15-2005, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember talking to my AH while he was in treatment, he seemed very distant as well and like he didn't love me either. But I think tehy are just going through a lot of issues during treatment and that makes them distant.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Felt the same way here... when my ex gf was in there, it was just me and her cat watching the skys smoking a cig (cat smokes too) waiting for mom to come home. I loved her deeply too, but she never came home, our kid (the cat!) been put in some strangers home cause she cant take care of it and I've moved on only to find life is a lot brighter without the addictions or insanity.

I feel your feelings, you give me a lot of flashbacks, I wish you the best and much love from life in general.

I will never forget, in my most fallen weakest moments, when destiny sent a spirit to lift me off of the grounds, I wont ever forget that beautiful moment which changed my life.