Notices

Caffiene and chocolate

Old 06-23-2005, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Caffiene and chocolate

Hey, I gave up, for the most part, caffiene and choclate. I have had a small slip, but I lived on both!! I drank about 8 bottles of diet coke a day. Sometiimes more, but not to often less
Last week, when my heart went wacko, once they calmed it down, the nurse asked about my caffiene, and choc. well she said you know that is also a drug and very bad for you. Especially with my anxiety and lack of sleep.
Well, after the scare I had, I went and bought caffiene free pop, and have had very, very little choc. in the last week.
When I was in detox they put us on a caffiene taper as soon as we got there. they cut caffiene, smoking, everything. Which I thought was a bit much at the time of detox, man your already suffering so badly...... I fought that, but no more...... Well the smoking will come with time...

I thought I'd never give up either. Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Angelgirl, I hope your heart is ok! Cutting back on all that in detox, must have been tough. You sound like you are doing really well with your caffiene intake and so on now. Good for you! I have a real problem with chocolate. I only drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning,(with vanilla flavoured sugary crap in it-just that almost makes me need another xanax) don't drink pop really, but man, chocolate-I crave it so bad sometimes, i literally start freaking out. And it's funny, when I eat now, I don't even enjoy it like I used to-or any food for that matter-but I still want it. I gotta take on that after a few other things. Good luck to you!
Old 06-24-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Thanks much, yes detox was tough, I smoke and it was the hardest part. I don't think i minded it AS much as, right after detox, they also had the treatment center rigth at the hospital, and that was like 10-14 days so you ended up being in the hospital for like 14-21 or more days with a caffienen taper, and NO SMOKING, well, let me tell ya, people don't give up their cigs if they aren't ready, I think t was in a sense a tragedy, becuase people that were there, really wanted help with the drugs or alcohol, but not to give up everything, and I believe people spent more time trying for figure out how to have a cig, and a cup of coffee. I think it hurt everyone's treatment so much.
Anyway, I still smoke, and I would like to give it up, I know it is SO terrible for everyone, and I will give it up, as soon as the time is right for me. So far it hasn't.

As far as the chocolate, yes, it is a hard one to give up too!! Everything good is chocolate LOL!! I had a hysterectomy in 2001, and I was thrown into very early menopause, and it seems like women in menopause really crave the choclate. Not to sure why, but I do believe it's true. I never was a sweet eater when I was younger,,,, but I have craved it now. Funny though I was so frightened, that I haven't has so much trouble yet, except for the cigs. Man that is really a tough one to quit.

I'm babbling, have a great day!!! Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm trying to quit caffeine beverages, too. I tried to quit a year ago, but it only lasted for about 4 months.

The biggest problem I had was that I was tired all the time. I HATED THAT THE MOST!!! It's a terrible feeling to want to get stuff done but don't feel up to it. It'd wake up and 6 hours later I'd take a nap. I hope you don't have these complication.

You've got my support.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey there, thanks, well my sleep is so messed up... I was hoping this would help. Last night was the earliest I went to sleep in a long time. So that's cool. I hope to keep it up.

I hope I make it longer than that. Like I said, I also lived on choc. and caffiene too...

thanks again, Love, Becky