View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Thanks much, yes detox was tough, I smoke and it was the hardest part. I don't think i minded it AS much as, right after detox, they also had the treatment center rigth at the hospital, and that was like 10-14 days so you ended up being in the hospital for like 14-21 or more days with a caffienen taper, and NO SMOKING, well, let me tell ya, people don't give up their cigs if they aren't ready, I think t was in a sense a tragedy, becuase people that were there, really wanted help with the drugs or alcohol, but not to give up everything, and I believe people spent more time trying for figure out how to have a cig, and a cup of coffee. I think it hurt everyone's treatment so much.
Anyway, I still smoke, and I would like to give it up, I know it is SO terrible for everyone, and I will give it up, as soon as the time is right for me. So far it hasn't.

As far as the chocolate, yes, it is a hard one to give up too!! Everything good is chocolate LOL!! I had a hysterectomy in 2001, and I was thrown into very early menopause, and it seems like women in menopause really crave the choclate. Not to sure why, but I do believe it's true. I never was a sweet eater when I was younger,,,, but I have craved it now. Funny though I was so frightened, that I haven't has so much trouble yet, except for the cigs. Man that is really a tough one to quit.

I'm babbling, have a great day!!! Love, Becky