Elder's Meditation June 16

Old 06-16-2005, 02:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation June 16

"For me, the essence of a medicine man's life is to be humble, to have great patience, to be close to the Earth, to live as simply as possible, and to never stop learning."
--Archie Fir Lame Deer, LAKOTA

The Medicine people focus on their Being, not their doing. After all, we are human beings not human doings. The Medicine people are very patient and consciously trying to live a live of humility. Medicine people are servant leaders. Their main purpose is to serve the needs of others. By this service attitude, they become the leaders people listen to and the leaders the people want to follow. The Medicine people say everyone is their teacher. Maybe we should try to live this way ourselves; humble, patient, honoring the Earth and listening to our teachers.

Grandfather, today, let me know all people are my teachers and I am the student.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Medicine people say everyone is their teacher. Maybe we should try to live this way ourselves; humble, patient, honoring the Earth and listening to our teachers.
My program requires that I listen to those who went before me, even when I don't understand and experience has taught me that when I allow myself to be led, I learn. When I begin to think I have all the answers, I usually find out that not all the answers were correct. This is when humbling myself, being patient and listening again will help put me back on the good path.

Hugs
Ann