Adapt to What Is

Old 06-15-2005, 03:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Adapt to What Is

One of the most reliable ways to be miserable is to insist that everything around you always be a certain specific way. And one of the most reliable ways to make life continually enjoyable is to be flexible and willing to adapt to whatever comes along.

Real success is not a matter of being in absolute command of the world around you. The success that truly matters comes from being at peace with the world in which you live.

Being persistent will enable you to achieve great things. Yet being merely stubborn will keep you mired in perpetual disappointment.

By all means, set ambitious goals and reach for them. But don't trivialize the process by demanding or expecting that every little detail will go your way.

The more flexible you are about the stuff that doesn't really matter, the more able you'll be to accomplish the things that are important. The more willing you are to adapt, the more truly enjoyable and fulfilling life will be.

Adapt to what is. And you'll experience the very best of what can be.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-15-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Let Go or Be Dragged

Great advice Ann, thanks for sharing!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No Expectations!

thank you so much. that is just what i needed to hear today! having a crappy day and was ready to give up, and you gave me a kick in the ass that made me feel like an idiot for being so negative all the time. but it's good! thank you!

-Skiss
Old 06-16-2005, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I need to read this several times today. This and the "Be There" reading are not just speaking to me, they are yelling "PAY ATTENTION, ANN!!!"

I think JT would tell me that it's about "acceptance" of my circumstance and learning that if I can't change my circumstance then I'll have to change my attitude, or sit in the mud.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-16-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I think JT would tell me that it's about "acceptance" of my circumstance and learning that if I can't change my circumstance then I'll have to change my attitude, or sit in the mud.

I know I'm not happy in the place I am in now. But I will believe that I will have the happiness I deserve in the future and accept where I am now. I will move forward, accpet where I am now and but move forward instead of thinking this will always be. Does that make sense??

Jewel
Old 06-16-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Thanks Ann that's a good read
Old 06-16-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

synchronicity... check out the JFT

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=62050
Old 06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay that does it! That's 3 so far today, and HP's way of making sure I don't miss this message.

Accept what is, live in today, and don't be in such a damn rush to get to tomorrow because you'll just take all your baggage with you if you don't give it up first.

Who has the coldpack??
Old 06-16-2005, 10:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I bite.

This reminds me of The Serenity Prayer.