Notices

Clean since Friday @ 4:00 pm

Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clean since Friday @ 4:00 pm

Coming off hydro...10-12 a day. Had come off for 5 days in the past 2 months, than relapse. I have zero energy, can't even work. On about 2.5 hours of sleep. I need to make it this time. Any ideas about getting some energy? This board has been a God Sent to me for a long time. Thank You all
Old 06-13-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hey there...good for you for not giving up!!!!
nap, drink lots of water, fresh air...baths, soothing music..food.one breathe, one heart beat at a time. Don't beat yourself up for not having any energy. No quick fixes.patience. It didn't take us this long to get as sick as we are, recovery doesn't happen overnight.
keep coming back
hugs & hugs Wendy
Old 06-13-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Wendy!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Thats' what SR is all about, supporting each other
Old 06-13-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep - I second everything wantneeda said. Maybe some Ibuprphen for the aches. If you can, get some one to grab you some magazines, DVDs or books, mostly for the next few days when you are not so much sick, but restless with no evergy. Try to keep your mind busy - thoughts of a new life - clean and sober. Focus on the reward; no more chasing pills, needing pills, etc.

I found even walking around (even just around the house) when I could helped. One little thing at a time. Don't freak yourself out with "when will this ever end?". Just let the time pass...One day (one minute) at a time. Also, keep posting here when you can. Even if you don;t have a huge support system at home - you'll find one here!

Congrats on your decision to get the poison out of your system!

Much Love: SS
Old 06-13-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank You, and NO i have ZERO support from my Wife. She things I'm weak and put my Family in Jeopardy by using Hydro. I have not told her I relapsed twice. So she thinks I;m just a lazy person. She never had an addiction problem and makes me feel an inch high about it. I will keep posting, I feel support here. Thank you again!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your clean time!!!!

Ahh.. it's tough but you gotta just hang in there. Exercise is what you need to help clean out your body's system and poop you out physically so you sleep well. Please hang in there because it's so worth it!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm back on thre tread mill...Thanks so much. It did help last time. This time SOOOOO exhausted.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

water and lots of it, sleep, you'll need lots of it too. Exercise but don't overdo it.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank You
Old 06-13-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Michski,

Did exercise help you? I've heard it gets all the crap out of the system thru your pours. Di you do That.
Thats Golf99
Old 06-14-2005, 01:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

How are you doing Golf?? Let us know please.... Love, Becky
Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

I take it hydro is hydrocodone, aka vicodin? That's a pretty strong pain killer, I had a legit scrip for it after my appendix was taken out. Used some of the excess for migraine headaches, but it scared me cause I would drink on it. That got really weird. Golf, did you have a legit pain excuse for taking this medication before? What happened that made this drug problematic for you that your wife calls you 'weak'? Hope you're doing better today. I've got a buddy coming over to day for a light workout, maybe get my blood flowing a bit since last two days have been pretty much eat and sleep.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, any support you are missing at home can be found at NA or AA meetings, or even here at SR. You are never alone, there are so many of us fighting the same battle!

Please keep us posted!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you all! Today is Tuesday, still clean! About 5 hours sleep last night. I will use you as my support system, for that I owe you all dearly. My wife is a nightmare to mention this to. Today is my Daughters B-Day, we will be going out tonight. I still am soooo tired. I'm thinking about trying those energy drinks. Again, your thoughts have put tears in my eyes. I feel as if we've all known each other for years.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good stuff, golf.

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping much, but that will get better with time. You are heading in the right direction, doing something very difficult - it's really a matter of life and death. Even the most self-sufficient person needs other people, comforting voices, hugs and encouragement during such a tough time. Yes, it's HARD, but the rewards are amazing!

Any chance your wife would consider NarAnon, for friends and family members of addicts? Regardless, we here at SR have got your back, we'll always be here to help you through recovery. Personally (after many failed attempts on my own) I realized that getting clean required opening up. It's the most difficult thing I've ever done, and I am so thankfull for the kind people here at SR who have helped me battle the opiate demon. They really do understand.

Well, Happy B-day to you daughter, and Congrats on 4-5 days clean! That's brilliant!
Keep going and keep us posted!

Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank You! And Roadie, yes, I was given the hydro from a doc. about 2.5-3 yrs ago for back pain. My job required me to sit for long stretches, doc.'s nurse told me to take 2 hydro's every 4 hours as a precaution. Did not take long to get hooked. When they shut me down cold turkey..1.5 years later I went to another doc. He tried to wean me off, didn't work. So i gave him a line of lies...i was traveling, needed more for the trip, etc. You know how we get. I was able to tell some friends I was having problems with my jaw and asked if they had anything, most did. It carried the addiction on until now. I have used from all my friends and have no doc. Even the dentist cut me off. (i do have 2 teeth that need to come out, but again i lied and said i was traveling and needed enough pain pills to carry me) they won't even return my calls. So anyway I was forced into stopping. Whatever way is ok. I do have some left over xanax, it takes a small...very small edge off. However, xanax is just another addiction. That is my story. And i used to play in the Cleveland Indians Baseball Org. and never took anything, was offered many times due to arm trouble. Ugh, life is hard today, tomm.? Better I hope. And Thank You all! I know you have my back. When I am well I hope to help people like all of you have helped me.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm really needed. ugh. can't even work. no one to talk to. I'm hoping it passes.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Keep poundingout your thoughts here, golf. It really helps. Many of us are alone right now, struggling with very bad feelings. It helpd to get it out, rant, vent, whatever. There is also a good thread at the bottom called 'everything but you name' It's cool cause you can spew your sh!t and it get erased every 24hours, in case you wanna vent about stuff and not have it up on the board permanently.

Also - hae you looked in to NA or AA meetings in your area. That's a great place where you never feel alone. Pick up some phone #s and you'll have people to call whenever you need to.

Hang in there - we're pulling for you!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My wife would walk if i went to an NA meeting. Sorry, she would boot me from my home and slap a restraining order against me so i couldn't see my children. 3 @ home and one is 1st year med. school. I'm so damn sick of not enjoying anything in life at all...does that return? I can remember being happy before the hydro. Hydro. made life easy, i laughed i was the funny guy, now i'm dead inside..nothing.