View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
golf99

Thank You! And Roadie, yes, I was given the hydro from a doc. about 2.5-3 yrs ago for back pain. My job required me to sit for long stretches, doc.'s nurse told me to take 2 hydro's every 4 hours as a precaution. Did not take long to get hooked. When they shut me down cold turkey..1.5 years later I went to another doc. He tried to wean me off, didn't work. So i gave him a line of lies...i was traveling, needed more for the trip, etc. You know how we get. I was able to tell some friends I was having problems with my jaw and asked if they had anything, most did. It carried the addiction on until now. I have used from all my friends and have no doc. Even the dentist cut me off. (i do have 2 teeth that need to come out, but again i lied and said i was traveling and needed enough pain pills to carry me) they won't even return my calls. So anyway I was forced into stopping. Whatever way is ok. I do have some left over xanax, it takes a small...very small edge off. However, xanax is just another addiction. That is my story. And i used to play in the Cleveland Indians Baseball Org. and never took anything, was offered many times due to arm trouble. Ugh, life is hard today, tomm.? Better I hope. And Thank You all! I know you have my back. When I am well I hope to help people like all of you have helped me.