Notices

fetanyl addiction

Old 06-12-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fetanyl addiction

i've been out for a while now and ended up with a new addiction, this i don't know if i can stop. i really f.d up this time. i feel really sick if i don't take this stuff, i didn't realize how strong it is i thought it was just a painkiller like perc or oc. anybody who knows anything?? i want to stop but i can't.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

april,
I'm glad your here I've been off opiates and alcohol about 6 months now. I used 10/325s for a few years. I have never taken fentanyl, but I gave it to my patients when I worked in the OR. It is an opiate, narcotic. Are you using patches or IV?
Have you ever been to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting? They are working wonders in my life.
Peace and Prayers
Tanya
Old 06-12-2005, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Fentanyl is a VERY potent opiate, like Tanya said. And it is terribly easy to overdose on. I suggest you do go to NA but also talk with a doctor about helping you get through the withdrawals. I don't know what kind of fentanyl you're using or how but I used to inject the stuff and I almost OD'd myself several times. Very scary business! You CAN stop and I urge you to do so ASAP!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-13-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

I don't know anything about that drug....but..

Can you ask your family for help?

You might want to stongly consider a detox program....
Old 06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

Never taken fentynl myself but know people who have. It is very very very potent (more so than morphine) so it can be difficult to withdraw from, so you should definately check yourself into a detox or talk to your doctor first and see what she/he suggests. The sooner you stop the better! This disease just gets worse and worse, very progressive. Good luck to you!! Please check back in and let us know how you are doing!

Luv and Luck

Jaz
Old 06-14-2005, 09:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i have no idea i feel like i got myself in too deep i am losing ays at a time i just waNt to do drugs all day sometimes i come on this sitre because i want to stop.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Please talk to a doctor about getting detoxed before you OD!! You are in my prayers!

love and hugs,
eddie
Old 06-14-2005, 10:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

im scared of detox
Old 06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's why I suggest you get a professional to help you through it. There are meds they can give you and things they can do to help it be easier on you. I know 'cause I have been through it myself. Fentanyl was one of my old favorites.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The patch is very hard to stop, I'm 40 days today and very proud.. Talk to your Dr. If I can do it anyone can.. I have no will power.. I was on 100 mic. every 48 hrs. taperd to 50 mic every 48, then 72 hrs. You can do it, stay strong and a little prayin dont hurt.. has anyone here heard of the Thomas Recpeit? It was a miracle for me.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Welcome to SR, slider63!! And congratulations on 40 days!! I get the feeling, though, that our friend april*rain isn't wearing the patches. What is the Thomas thingy?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It is just amino aicids and vitamins and in combination it really clears up the foggy brain, and other symptoms from w/d's
Old 06-14-2005, 10:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Eddie

I'm new here, I had to jump from another addiction board cause all they did was fight, and not stay focused to much on recovery..And thanks 40 days, I forgfot what life was all about..I feel great and love life again..
Old 06-14-2005, 10:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Please slider, do tell us about the thomas thing. Is it an herbal thing? Do you get it at a natural heath food store?

Oh April, please go get some help. Detox through a doctor is not hard. Nothing to be afraid of. They take care of everything, they can get you the help you need while you are coming off the drug. I have been through MANY hospital detoxes. I CAN tell you , it is SO much easier than trying to do it yourself. They MAKE sure you aren't in danger. They are experts. Let them help you, aand PLEASE don't be afraid.
WE ARE pulling and praying for YOU!!!
GO get help, and PLEASE keep us posted. LOVE and prayers, Becky
Old 06-14-2005, 10:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello Angel
Yes its just L-Tyrosine Amino Acid, L-Phynelalanine Amino, B-6 and a good multi vitamin.. I have been on lots of pain med roller coasters for years and never thought I'd feel this alive again... Its good to be me
Old 06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Is the med helping you that much? I also have been on many roller coaster trips through recovery/relapse/and so on.......... I am 9 weeks into this one, and I am working harder than EVER. I never want to go back again.
Did you get that at a nat. health store? Thanks Love, Becky
Old 06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Eddie I must say, you SURE are a wonderful person!!! You are going to make a wonderful D/A counselor!!!! Love, Becky
Old 06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes I get it from g.n.c. If you would like I could look it up and post it.. It has no triggers, and no addictions just healthy good stuff. It really helped emensly w/ the w/d's. I noticed a diference within an hour of first dose.. Also lots and lots of hot baths. I have tried many times and never gone this long before.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 weeks.. aint life sober a wonderful thing
Old 06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hellllooooooo. Where did everyone go??????