The Value of A Man

Old 06-11-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Value of A Man

You are reading from the book Touchstones.

We are each so much more than what some reduce to measuring.
--Karen Kaiser Clark

Our society places great emphasis on how well each person is doing. It makes us judgmental and competitive. As children we may have thought that our real value was measured by the grades we got in school or the scores of our baseball games. As grown men we continue measuring our worth by things like the size of our wages, the model of the car we drive, or even how many months or years we have in recovery.

We can't stop the measuring, but we are in a program that helps us step outside this system. We seek to know and do the will of our Higher Power, which is beyond the limitations of such measurements. Submitting our own will to our Higher Power releases us from the competition and the judgments in these games of measurement. Our loyalties are to values like honesty, respect, peace, and wholeness.

Today, I will remember that my value as a man isn't measured on a man-made scale.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today, I will remember that my value as a man isn't measured on a man-made scale.
I believe the value of a man is measured not by how rich he is, or how successful in business he is, or how tall he is, but by the size of his heart and all that is in it.

Hugs
Ann