Here's the next chapter in my story...

Old 10-18-2002, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Here's the next chapter in my story...

I haven't been around on the board over the last couple of weeks but I should have; try to excuse the rambling!

Now my husband is in rehab. He had an assessment on Monday and they were very concerned. When he checked in and he hadn't had a drink all day he still blew .049--guess it was time to do something. He was shocked- so was I. I had no idea it was so far progressed. Thursday was his court hearing- sentencing postponed until after he finishes treatment. All of this is good. He seemed to really be ready for this step but...

I miss him. The house is so lonely- the animals think I'm just nuts! Just wandering around and trying to keep doing the normal things- laundry, vaccuuming, reading, TV. I keep crying at the oddest times!

I know that this is the best thing for him. That he is where he needs to be but...

To top it off, his poor mother is nearing some sort of nervous breakdown. She isn't sleeping and worries all the time about him. I love my mom-in-law but I wish that someone was here for ME. I get tired of being the strong one- you know?

My husband didn't get driving priviledges and this will be hard on us- no it will be hard on me- the judge didn't seem to care. I will now have to leave my job early to drive him to aftercare and hopefully to a job. (He is still looking for something permanent but has been temping for a while now.) We are way in debt and I'm not sure I can pay the bills this month- not to mention lawyer fees and hospital bills. (My husband decided he didn't need to have a bank account because he was spending cash on wine, therefore all the financial responsibility falls to me: my paycheck and his, all the bills, groceries etc)

I guess I just needed to vent. I'm sure things will work out, I have to work on my patience and faith. Cross your fingers for me-at some point we will have to catch a break!
Old 10-18-2002, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glow worm... My husband has been MIA for two days now... and I'm sure he is not in rehab.... be thankful yours is there... The only advice I can give is keep yourself busy... Do something that you been needing to get done... or putting off... Try not to stress out over the bills... (I'm working that one out myself)..... Take a hot bath... and invite a friend over... Things will get better...I have learned to take just one day at a time... sometimes I take only one hour at a time... posting here has got me so far in my recovery... This moment I feel good.... You will too... It just takes a lot of time.... In the meantime... make your hot coco and get that tub going with a lot of bubbles and make the water hot enough so when you get out you will go right to sleep.... Your friend in Recovery... Clowie
Old 10-18-2002, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Glow,

Thank God for rehab! It's good for him and good for you. You know where he is, and for today he's in a good place in good hands. So, you can relax, and concentrate on you and your own recovery.

Do some reading, go see a movie... I still recommend My Big Fat Greek Wedding as the funniest and best movie I have seen in a seriously long time.

We're here for you. Does the rehab place offer any family programs? I know sometimes they offer a place for family members to come to a group setting, or get their own counseling. Just a thought...

Hugs
Osier59
Old 10-19-2002, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Thanks again for your support! I think last night I was just feeling lonely.

I did take a nice hot bath and talked to my Mom and in laws. I am going to the in laws to watch football today and tomorrow to my Mom's for dinner Sunday. Its raining outside but I have gotten a chance to clean up the house to MY liking!

I also talked to my husband who sounds fine. He said he was sleeping alot and they may let him come home earlier than first planned. They want him to stay through Sunday night at least and then go back for all day classes/ meetings/ sessions for another week or so and then go to aftercare 3 hours a night for 5 weeks. Sounds like a good plan.

They do have family counseling there on Monday nights and I plan to go this coming week.

I am thinking that maybe we are on an upswing...I still have hope. I am praying every night and I still believe in miracles!

I hope everyone's weekend goes smoothly! Take care! Glow
Old 10-19-2002, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Glow worm

Miracles happen one day at a time too. Let today be a miracle in your life. Have a wonderful time.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((GlowWorm)))))))))))

You needed one! Just wanted you to know I will keep you in my prayers.!!! Hang in there...