looking for help

Old 05-31-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking for help

dont know exactly where to start. for the past 6 years i have been trying to deal with an alcoholic. today is a good day my significant other has been sober for 30 days, but we are still lacking comunication. he is on his road to recovery but in the process has pushed me even more out of his life. over the years i have stayed by his side watched him go to rehabs, in and out of jail, and dealing with changes, both good and bad, in his life. Currently he is now attending AA and following his steps. just recently i have discovered al alon and looking for help on how to get involved with the program to deal with my life. i have been wrapped up in his life and disease that my life has been lost some where along the way. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Pong

You have already started on YOUR road to recovery, your here and we are glad you found us.

I would strongly sugges Al-anon ... It will help you to understand what they are going through, since you are still with your A, this is probably the best way to go.

Also many times it gets worse before it gets better, you will have alot of feelings to deal with that will be hurtful and new to you... its a struggle to be sure and some couples dont make it. I pray you are one that does and Al-anon will be your best defense and his too if you are going through this process.

*hugs* read away, enjoy!
Old 05-31-2005, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Pong)))

Welcome to Sober Recovery!! It sounds like you are on your way to recovery. Keep posting here and going to meetings. We look forward to geting to know you...
Old 05-31-2005, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Alanon will be of great help. Take in several meetings a week. There's lots and lots to learn and it's time for you to get on track with your healing.