Notices

Questions Regarding Jail...

Old 04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Questions Regarding Jail...

Good Morning Everyone,
I just have a few question regarding jail if anyone on SR has spent time.
My husband is in jail has been since Oct. He was heavly on crack and did 3 armed robberies, he was lucky enought that the judge gave him a 9 month house arrest and was still able to go to work but had to be in house if not working. Well he would not obey by the court orders and landed himself back in jail, was caught a 2 AM infront of a crack house. I got a call from victom services saying that he has been a bad boy in jail and he lost his good time served and plus he won't be eligable for parole and they added another 5 days onto his sentence. They could not tell me what he had done, so I went out to the jail to see him and find out what happened. He looked terrible, has grown this big beard, just raggy looking and his teeth are dirty. He said all that happened was he was caught smoking 3 times in his room, but he was unaware that they had taken his good time away and that he would not be eligalbe for parole. He says he feels he should not be in jail that it is only making him more hostile, plus wants me to take ownership in my part of his drug use. The role I played was kicking him out, he was going through $400.00 a day in the stuff and I withdrew the money out the bank. He said by me doing this I forced him to go hang out with the worst of the worst addicts, he had to live in crack shacks or in his car, he said he was so hurt by my actions the more he had to use, that he had a plan and was going to quite on his own, he was court ordered into rehab and he said that this only made him more angery. Has anyone in here spent enough time in jail to straighten there thoughts out and start to or does it make it worse.

Rose
Old 04-18-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi Rose, Sorry to here that about your husband but it sounds like he trying to put the blame on you. He was court ordered to a rehab and didn't go didn't comply with the house arrest and then gets picked up by the police in front of the crackhouse. He doesn't think he has a drug problum so he is in jail for all that he has done. I hope that he gets the help he needs. I only spent weekends in jail and that was enough for me to get clen and sober.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Sounds like a crazy life too mee. I have been in jail and thought everything eveyone else did screwed me up too, then I woke up. If you can go through all this and be ok with it then it'll be fine if you don't expect better results. If you want your life to change I bet you know what your answers are. If nothing changes, nothing changes. I wish you the best.
Todd J.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same old song.... "I'm innocent it's someone else's fault"

I couldn't start growing til I learned a new verse.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face

I agree with Gooch...the verse remains the same.......Kahlia
Old 04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all replies, as I posted in the nar-anon, I don't feel guilt out of what I had to do, the guilt I am feeling now is moving on, I have joined al-anon, I get out now and start to have some fun, even brought my golf clubs back out. But I feel guilt of him not in any recovery and it seems to me getting worse, like I said in the nar-anon, I feel that I have locked a puppy outside in the cold rain for peeing in the house.

Rose