Sticking to it!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sticking to it!!!

Ok I am having a real hard time with this one...................

My AH is 32 years old and has had his drivers lic. since he was 16. He has had 8 DUI.........yeah do the math that is one every other year. Well his last one was the 5th of March. He had a total breakdown going on and on how this has to stop, started couseling, going to AA meetings , the whole bit. So I told his that our marriage is definetely worth trying for so I would stay BUT if he started drinking again I was out.

Well as of last thursday he has been drinking again at first it was 4 then 6 then now a case or two he has got out of control again but I am having a hard time keeping to my word. How do you guys do it, WHat should I do I am in total confusion............again

Please give me some sorta insight of any sort will help. I have three small children here involved....which he is totally rude to while drinking...

I do go to Al-and has a counselor. Which only helps so much??????
Old 04-07-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am not to that point but may be close. i carefully choose my words - "i am seriously contemplating leaving". i know others have been down this road and the more times you say it and then don't do it, it's not taken seriously.

hopefully others will add to this and give you some insight!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't have any advice....sorry. I'm one of the ones who got tired of being supportive and having my needs put on the back burner. 14 years is long time and I was getting pretty cold. Besides, I could see his careless attitude coming out of our 9-year-old. We are seperated now for a year.

Only my HP knows what is in store for my future....for now, it's one day at a time.