Anyone out there...feeling isolated

Old 03-27-2005, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone out there...feeling isolated

I guess there's not many people around it being Easter Sunday.
I'm just feeling lonely as AH has been at a meeting the last 4 nights and I've been here on my own. He's in a weird mood anyway - had his 12th AA birthday yesterday. I bought him some really nice cufflinks to celebrate it which he loved but that passed quickly.
Now as I expected he's fed up being in all day tho I asked over and over if he wanted to go out, even for a walk.
Please help me out of this pity party!
Love
Sophia
Old 03-27-2005, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
brightlight

Today I am sitting here by myself and waiting to go pick the kids up from Sunday school. I decided not to go to church. I am feeling fine sitting here all alone. I decided to come here and see how others were doing on Easter. My husband had to go to work today and very early. I got to thinking about it and was getting mad because I figured out he does not have to work on Easter. If it was important to him then he would have arranged months ago to get this day off. He does not care. He did not even ask what time he was getting off. I finally told him what time I was having dinner and if he was not here he could have leftovers. He finally got a hold of his boss and found out what time he gets off. I got to wondering why I was mad. The kids did not miss him. They looked for eggs and ate candy. I took their pictures. They went to Sunday school all dressed up. Life was grand without him and I just think I miss him or they did. We did fine without him. I hope you have a good day and eat a chocolate bunny! LOL A friend of mine had one in her ice box and it drove her nuts till she went and ate the head. She was just going to eat the head till Easter, but ending up eating everything, but the feet. There has got to be more fun that waiting for the AH's to make us happy.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's not such a big day in the Uk (judging by posts here!). We've visited my parents and I'm fiddling to fill a bit of time before ordering pizza... YUM!!!

I think holidays can feel extra lonely because it feels as though everyone else is enjoying the perfect day. I reckon there are lots of folk feeling as though they're alone.

Here's hoping it gets better for ou Sophia!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, brightlight and equus. I know I shouldn't be relying on him to make me feel better. It's nearly 10pm here and it's been a really boring Easter! I just feel resentment because he'll come home from the meeting and go on about getting out tomorrow (Easter Monday) or he'll go crazy, like it's my fault.
He's done this before on long weekends and this is the last time. In future I'm going to plan at least one day for myself and stick to it.
Do they never think about what we might like? That it might be good to do something nice for us?
I'm only married a year for heaven's sake!
Have to stop this resentment building up. Still have to get thru tomorrow. He has no hobbies other than watching sport, then throws wobblies about not being fit and all the things he's going to do.
Thank you for listening. I really needed to vent all that - I cried earlier because I felt so isolated. Thank God for SR.
Love
Sophia
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, I don't know you guys from here and have never been to a place like this in my life. But just letting you all know you aren't the only ones feeling alone on Easter We are together in that sense. I started a thread in the NA, if you all have any suggestions I would appreciate it.