Happy Easter

Old 03-27-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Happy Easter

I am wishing each and everyone of you a blessed Easter.

It's a time of new beginnings,
new challenges,
of re-newing my own recovery.

I 've been thinking on these things all week. I believe my new beginning will start with walking more.
A new challenge will be to practice the principals of the Al-Anon program.
A re-newel of my time spent in meditation and prayer. Mainly trying to make conscious contact with my H.P

Most of all learning one more time to accecpt life on my H.P. terms rather than what I want or think I need. To really know in my heart and heart I have always been taken care of by the H.P. so that I may put doubt and worry aside.

Do you have a new beginning, challenge, thoughts on renewing your recovery?
How about sharing?

Happy Easter to all.

:e03c
Old 03-27-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to you too! My new beginnings are working the program, and trying to lose this weight that won't seem to budge! Working out more. Trying to not be a codi, and to not be so involved in worrying about HIS drinking!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HAPPY EASTER DAFFY!!

You have inspired me to think about doing something to renew my spirit and refresh my program, and I think that I will begin again at Step 1 and work through each step in order again.

I have worked them before, and work many of them on a daily basis, but I think it's time for me to work from start to finish again from the perspective of where I sit today in my recovery.

My beach is becoming very walkable again with spring trying to find it's way here, and part of my walk will be to think about the step I am working on, and how I can apply it to my life.

Thank you for the gentle nudge. Love you Daffy.

Easter Hugs
Ann
:e07g
Old 03-27-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A couple of things come to mind.

A friend called me late last night asking if I'd like to share a house. So, am meeting with them tomorrow...with luck, my new beginning may include a dwelling that does NOT include the ABF.

And the records show my notary commission is effective TODAY. I take that as a sign of a real new beginning.

I'm also agreeing with cup...this extra weight has GOT to go. Think I'm going to buy a treadmill.

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a list, and I'm working on them every day. Yesterday I joined the library, so I can read more without spending money. I went to church today for the first time in years. I know not everyone needs that, but it helps me. I'm not cooking dinner tonight, again for the first time in many years. I'm not having any more holidays ruined by the alcoholics in my life. They can ruin other days, just not holidays. I too need to lose weight. I quit smoking 7 months ago, and put on about 20 pounds. It's now time to work on that.

Good luck to everyone on their new beginnings.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Happy Easter everyone. New beingins yes. Mine are to keep the focus on what is good for me and to stay on it and believe it and follow through with it.
Love
shana