Abandoning all morals!!

Old 02-25-2005, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Abandoning all morals!!

Bar one - Harm No-one!

I'm supposed to have given up smoking but I bought a packet of 10!
I'm supposed to be working at home - but I'm not!
I'm playing Asian music loud and proud in a white middle class neighborhood - normally I'm the quietest of neighbors!!
I've eaten a triple egg torpedo roll - hubby is allergic but loves 'em so we don't have eggs in the house.
I even bought a can of cider!!

The cider is the biggy - I believe where he goes (when it's a good path) I want to go too. I have and I will face each social occasion sober, each nights sleep sober and each new day sober. I will know all that I can about people thinking maybe it's because I had a problem, people asking, being the odd one out. My decision on that hasn't changed. But today, alone I'm having a can for no more reason than to allow myself a holiday, my little holiday. I might take another holiday in the future but I doubt it.

The music's swift torrents of rythyms, taking my heart back to where I can't go (Sri Lanka) is intoxicating me, the day stolen from work is giving me pleasure, the eggs tasted so fine, the smoke made me a little dizzy, the cider feels strange inside - it feels like farewell. I think whether he drinks again or not - I'm leaving it behind. I have been angry at it, I have hated it, I have cried over it, I enjoyed it once, I took it as part of each night out - till I saw it rip away at people I loved, till I remembered what I had seen in childhood. This is my private goodbye, shared only where it can harm no-one, HERE.

Today I'm not a good, honest or honourable person - just a girl/woman having a day off from trying.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Don't forget to do a little dance.

Blessings
Old 02-25-2005, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm going to run up a mother of a phone bill soon!! I've danced till I'm hot despite no heating and snow, I even went to put on my sari but I can't remember how the hell to tie it Kandy style!!

Time to ring Chinthaka, then his missus Rupika, time to phone my second home...

Might blub afterwards ....

(I got half way through my 1 can then chucked it!!)
Old 02-25-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

We all deserve a day off. Recovery is hard work. Enjoy! Hugs, Magic
Old 02-25-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Sounds like a good day to me! Wish I could join the party. Now, not to change the subject but you're taking to a food addict here, and the food addict in me is asking what the heck is a "triple egg torpedo roll?" Sounds like a place I'd LOVE to go, but dare not. But I can go there in my mind (hey, a girl can dream, can't she)?

Note to self: Visit the Overeater's forum to regain my self-control.

Bad FD, bad.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's an egg butty of insane proportians!!! Shaped like a torpedo with enough room for 3 fried eggs!!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Thanks for the smiles EQ!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat
Sounds like a good day to me! Wish I could join the party. Now, not to change the subject but you're taking to a food addict here, and the food addict in me is asking what the heck is a "triple egg torpedo roll?" Sounds like a place I'd LOVE to go, but dare not. But I can go there in my mind (hey, a girl can dream, can't she)?

Note to self: Visit the Overeater's forum to regain my self-control.

Bad FD, bad.
*LOL*, me too, all's I know being friday a lent day I'll be having an egg something for dinner!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Holy crapoli! Three fried eggs stuffed inside something shaped like a torpedo? I can just picture the yolks running down the side of my arm as I stuff it in my mouth. I'm getting weak in the knees. Oh my...I must go pray for strength.

Well, maybe I could limit myself to just one egg, or perhaps three SMALL eggs. But I'm strong and I can resist. Well, on second thought, perhaps I'll pick a fight with my AB and then blame him for all my misery, and then I'll be compelled to whip up a torpedo, or two, or three. Because if he wasn't such an Ahole, then I wouldn't need so many torpedos!

Like the deckhands used to yell on the 1960's sitcom, McHale's Navy, "captain, torpedo ahead!"
Old 02-25-2005, 11:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

equus - that sounds simply marvelous - we all deserve to pamper ourselves occasionally and i think you were overdue!

i wish you could "post" one of those torpedoes for us - that sounds absolutely fantastic!