Totally off topic....

Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Totally off topic....

I know this isn't the place for a completely off topic question but I can't find the information I'm looking for anywhere else. So for all the moms out there, maybe you can shed some light on something. I'm 8-9 weeks pregnant. Is it normal to get pains in your lower abdomen. Not cramps... more like pulling muscles. I don't remember having that before so I'm not sure. It's worse if I move or twist the wrong way or if I cough. Anyone have that? I don't want to run to the doctor over the one question if it's nothing.

Sorry for posting something so off but I know there's a lot of moms here.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tell your doctor about it. I had some pains in my second pregnancy that turned out to be simply that the baby was sitting in a way that the sciatic nerve was 'pinched' - and was told by my doctor to keep my feet up as much as possible to alleviate the pain. Whether it is serious or not, your doctor would want to be informed of anything that happens, it's his job to know these things.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gracey

I wouldnt worry, about running to your doctor........I would go.........just to make you feel at ease........

Old 02-12-2005, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

I called the doctor probably every week during my first pregnancy, a couple times a month during my second, once a month during the third, and probably not as often as I should have during my fourth.

I do remember those pains in the lower abdomen. I don't remember at what point in pregnancy, but I do believe it was after my first pregnancy. Muscles are being stretched, moved, pinched, kicked, I don't remember how long ago your other pregnancy was, but that could make a difference too. I know you may feel at 8 weeks you shouldn't be having muscles stretched, but that entire area is being affected by this little one.

A phone call can never hurt.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was much more sensitive to the aches & pains with my second... I also showed way sooner than with my first.. My OB told me it was normal... but I would definitely mention it.. I would also think it they'd want to schedule an ultrasound around this time.
Best of luck!
Christine
Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would call the doctor - I think you'd feel more at ease

I feel like I'm going to be an aunt....lol
Old 02-12-2005, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If I remember correctly, it is probably the ligaments supporting your uterus that are hurting. If you aren't bleeding or cramping it probably isn't anything to worry about but your doctor is there to answer these questions so call him.

Hugs, Jo
Old 02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

I remember the lower abdomen pain--Dr. said it's just all the muscles and tissue
stretching to make room for the baby--as long as there is no blood or cramps--I
would relax and enjoy your pregnancy--if you still feel worried just call the Dr. or
the nurse hotline if you have one in your area. Happy for you--Dee
Old 02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I had the same pains you describe when I was pregnant, especially the discomfort when coughing. I used to hold my belly when I coughed because it was more comfortable that way. I'm sure I was quite a sight. It's always a good thing to call your doctor when you have any questions or concerns. Chances are these are just typical changes your body goes through during pregnancy. The first of many aches and pains to come, to be sure. It's a very interesting experience to say the least.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just call the doctor - I think the stress from worrying about what 'might' be wrong, may be more damaging that what is wrong...which is probably nothing. Hope all is well!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ok, since I've got this off topic thing going I have one more question. Do you guys think that stress can cause problems in the beggining of a pregnancy? The reason I'm asking is because my doctor said that the problems with Abf would not be the cause of the spotting but everytime we get in a really big argument, whammo! There it is. It started last time with a bunch of arguing and then I was fine for a week. Sunday we had another blowout and guess what, Sunday night it was back! Gone again the next day. Coincidence? I don't know... what do you guys think from a womans perspective?