Notices

Another Year Older

Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Another Year Older

Well everyone tomorrow is my b-day and I feel big time down. I hate b-days so much. I know that it is going to be hard not to have a drink to celebrate because one will lead to many. I am just in one of those moods where I know I am going to really want one. B-days are so hard for me that I wish that I could just lay in bed all day with the blankets pulled over my head and just forget that it even exists. This is my first b-day without my daughter and that is going to be real hard also (she is with my ex). Why does this have to be so hard. I can't even remember a b-day without celebrating my self into a drunken state. It is going to feel so weird to be sober. I have to go to the public library to do some research for school in the afternoon so that should, hopefully, occupy my time. Well enough said here, wish me luck.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sunshine,

Just do tomorrow what you did today. One day at a time. If you stayed sober today, you can stay sober tomorrow. I would wish you luck, but it has nothing to do with luck. Rather, I will say a prayer for you.

And, in case I forget tomorrow, I'll say Happy Birthday today. Enjoy yourself tomorrow. You can do it!

Sherry
Old 01-31-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sunshine,
Don't you dare lay in bed all day with the covers over your head.
You go out there and celebrate your special day.
You only get one that's all yours all year.
Make the most of it.
Do something fun, do something nice for yourself.
Smile, laugh, have fun.
Celebrate yourself.
Early birthday hugs,
Gabe
Old 01-31-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wallowing in self-pity for your birthday :couchpota ...no wonder you're afraid you'll drink. Is there not a Claim Jumper restaurant in your town??? Go treat yourself to their seven layer chocolate monstrosity (if it was me and I was having one of my age-ist whimper fests, I'd have them put the correct amount of candles on it too ...a veritable bonfire of my vanities) Or how about a fabulous Thai dinner with Thai coffee and flaming bananas for dessert...YUMMM!!!

Remember it's only once a year!
Old 02-01-2005, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the b-day wishes and the support. So far so good today. No cravings for the moment, so that is a good sign. I am determined to keep myself busy to stay out of trouble. Once again thank you everyone for the kind words and support.

Lanie
Old 02-01-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Lanie, Happy birthday, take care of yourself and do something just for you. Take a bubble bath, go buy yourself a new book, go for a walk in this coolllllld weather.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Sunshine

sit down and make a gratitude list. Don't you have some things to be grateful for? I'm grateful that God put you on this board. I just thought of all the things I'm grateful for by reading your post

PS::::::::IF I DON'T CATCH YOU ON THE BOARDS ****{happy birthday}}} . WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST THRU OUT THIS COMING YEAR. MAY ALL OF YOUR WISHES COME TRUE

ty

chris

Last edited by CAPTAINZING2000; 02-01-2005 at 06:12 AM. Reason: addition
Old 02-01-2005, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My counselor in rehab would say that for us every day was a holiday. What was so different about the actual holidays? She's right. I used drugs on holidays just like I did on non-holidays. So don't let the fact that it's your bithday mess with your mind and take the wonderful suggestions people had like doing something nice for yourself without alcohol. And happy birthday!!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

happy birthday Sunshine

:loons
Old 02-01-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

:sad6: OH MY GOD ...you might wanna avoid those flaming bananas and have crispy bananas instead...I think they have to pour alcohol on em to make em flame up... :sorry