So Sad

Old 07-26-2002, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

So Sad

I came home from work and my son has the dry heaves in the bathroom. He didn't make it.

I'm not going to talk to him until tomorrow. No use reacting to it now.

I'm so sad to see this happen. He is such a wonderful person. I think now I will have to ask him to go into a rehab. He is very ill when drinking and mentally unstable. Not safe to be around. There will be a waiting list. I'll let him stay here uless he continues to drink until he can get in. I may have to ask him to leave the house while I'm at work.

I'll have to think this all through and make some decisions and follow through with boundaries.

My heart aches to see him change into someone else again.

I'm ok though,

Hugs,

MG

Old 07-26-2002, 08:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

MG.............I am really sorry to hear about your son. Nothing could ever be worse then seeing you "baby" like that. Some say they are grown up...well to me they will always be our babies till we are gone from this earth. You are a good Mom....I am sure he already knows that.
Hope things can turn around....
Love Kitty
Old 07-26-2002, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

MG

My heart is so sad for you and your son. As much as we know this may happen, it seems we are never prepared.

Your thinking seems quite clear, and rehab would be good for him. At least he has been trying...that is really all we can hope for and that they will try again.

We are all here for you. And you are both in my prayers.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Before he fell asleep he told me he was sorry and said he called his sponsor. His sponsor told him to call him tomorrow.

We'll see what the sponsor says...

Thanks for the support,

Hugs to all of us,

MG

Old 07-26-2002, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi MG

He has more support now that he has gone to meetings and has a sponsor, and more tools to pick himself back up. I think he is a lot like my son, they have had enough and really don't want to use any more but just haven't surrendered. And it is tragic to watch. My son is out there somewhere tonight too, and all I can do is pray for him.

Tomorrow things may fall into place...don't forget there is a plan somewhere in all this...so get some rest and turn it over to the Man Upstairs. Tug on His robe..as you often say.

Get some sleep and be glad he is safe for now.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

M.G.,
I am so sorry, but I am glad you are
doing O.K. Who knows, he might just
talk to his sponsor tomorrow, brush
himself off, and start over. Maybe
this is just a slip, and he does have
the tools now! I am rooting for both
of you, and you are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Old 07-27-2002, 02:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((((MG)))))Hang in there!! Sounds like your heart is
in the right place,and that your handling things ok.
You know you have all of us. You and your son are in
my prayers.

Love ya!
Old 07-27-2002, 02:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

********{MG}}}}}

You and your son are in my prayers. I hope things turn out okay. We are here if you need us.

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 07-27-2002, 08:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Hugs and hang in there, MG. It's hard not to focus on the problem, but, when I do, it just gets worse, or so it seems. I have to do what is before me to do, take care of ME and let go of the other. I have a difficult time doing that, but, have got better at it with the help of my Alanon group and HP and sponsor.

Practicing patience is probably right up there as my number one difficult skill . . . I have none, NADA!!! I hate waiting . . . for anything, especially for my partner to "get it". LOL

But, this is a program that stress ODAT and it's teaching me how to live in the moment, being grateful for those things I have at hand, not those things that I might wish I had. And right now, I'm thankful for a little bit of sernity and sanity in my life, dispite odds to the contrary.

I wish them for you too.

Hugs and prayers.

Jon
Old 07-27-2002, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Thank you all for the support.

I practiced what I've learned and it made a huge difference! I worked hard and didn't react. Instead I made a proactive choice to "be". I learned this recently over on the NA board.

It worked!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of reacting with critisism I chose to be understanding concerning the disease of addiction.

Instead of reacting with ultimatums I chose to offer suggestions on how to proceed with recovery.

Instead of reacting with blame I chose not to take it personally and to help him alleviate his guilt.

Instead of yelling and screaming at him, I firmly stated my boundaries and reminded him of the consequences if he continued to violate my house rules.

It really worked. He got up this morning and put himself back on track. He was able to brush himself off and continue.

I was also able to brush myself off and continue my recovery.

Today is a new day,

HUGS,

MG

Old 07-27-2002, 10:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

MG

Thank you for sharing this - that is so inspirational and it makes such sense. I am not the "reactor" that I used to be, I learned that reacting was a negative thing for me and for them, but the positive choices are exactly that...positive. I am still learning this side.

Recovery has such wonderful rewards. Think back even 6 months and imagine how this would have played out then. You have come so very far and I admire your courage. Your recovery has been put to the test and you pass with flying colours. And your son now has a clear path to do what he needs to do.

God Bless you both.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!
I am practically jumping up and down
here, I am so darn proud of this guy,
and YOU M.G., what a inspiration. It
really does make sense!!!! It works if
you work it.....

Much love,
Old 07-27-2002, 03:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Wonderful news MG..........................my thoughts are with you
Love...Kitty
Old 07-27-2002, 03:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

Kewl stuff, MG.

Hugs.

Jon
Old 07-29-2002, 04:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

Wow - MG, I'm so proud of the both of you. Patience is not one of my better virtues. You have made so much progress in your recovery. You are an inspiration to me!!!!

Love,
Galnva