I Finally Did "IT"

Old 01-15-2005, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Finally Did "IT"

I had just come home Monday afternoon and his car was in the parking lot.... As soon as I saw it I started to panic...it has been 17 months of non stop drinking. One 12 hour suspension, one 1 year suspension and a pending DUI. It has been like living with a total stranger, 10 years in a relationship and alcohol has turned a "great guy" into some sort of freak! My son went to his room and I went into b/f room...we all know the drill, easier to sleep on the couch...he did not know we were home and when I knocked, I walked right in and there he was hammered, lying in his bed trying to hide a full KING CAN of beer. I took it and walked out of the room and poured it down the kitchen sink. He followed, started to push me with his chest yelling where's my beer blah blah then he grabbed me by the throat and threw me to the floor! I did not struggle or fight. I waited until he tired himself out and I got up, went right to the phone and called 911. He tried to hang up, but when I picked it up to call again, the operator was still on the line...he took off on foot, but ended up getting into his car and drove away. What does he do? Drives around for a day drinking and driving, calling me from twice from a phone booth. Yelling at me, Look what you've done, you're crazy..and then lands in our parking space on Tuesday night and you guessed it, he's still drunk and he has a beer in hand and I had to call the police again. This has been hell, all of it. He has even tried to call me from JAIL. At times I wonder if I can make it through all of this...but I know I did the right thing.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

You absolutly did the right thing. I am glad that you are now safe. Please take care of you. Hang in there, it does get better....you are not alone.
Hugs
Michelle
Old 01-16-2005, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

You are brave and you did the right thing. I'm so glad you were not hurt worse than
you are. Physical abuse only esculates and you need to keep you and your son safe.
I'm sure sorry you have to go through all this, but I'm really glad you are taking care of yourself. Please keep us posted. We are here for you and we care about you.
Prayers and Smiles--Dee
Old 01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Fed Up)));
First, let me assure you that you absolutely did do the right thing. Don't think twice about it.
But, may I suggest that you get a restraining order? He has attacked you physically. It only gets worse, once they cross that line. You and your child do not have to live like that.
Please seek assistance at a domestic crisis hotline. They can counsel you on the best course of action. And, they will be with you all the way, if needed. (In RI, they are required by law to be with you in court, for example.)
Ann posted a thread about domestic abuse. I am looking for it now, to give you the link. There is LOTS of good stuff in it, that can be helpful to you now.
Please, take care of yourself. Don't accept any type of abuse. You do NOT deserve it, no matter what he says or how much he trys to blame you.
He did the wrong behavior; NOT you!
Know that we are here to help...
Shalom!
Old 01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fed Up,

You have done nothing wrong. Here's a link to a thread about abuse that may help you.

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/show...t=abused+woman

Sending hugs and prayers
Ann
Old 01-17-2005, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It may be difficult but you made the right choice.You must put yourself first!
Form this point on you will be like a rollercoaster but try to keep in mind, you said that after ten years alcohol has turned him into a freak.
Yes, he' s is presently a freak and when all the good things about him creep up and try to make you doubt yourself remember those are MEMORIES.
Keep them there! Look ahead and make a better life for yourself without all the drama, chaos and not knowing! Simple! You just need to want to have something better for yourself because you deserve it! We all do girl!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((fed up))) it took courage to do what you did but you must have finally hit your "bottom". good for you - prayers to you in this difficult time and i hope for sunnier tomorrows for you!