Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 102

Old 04-26-2024, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 102

continues from here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-101-a-20.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 101)

D
Old 04-26-2024, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I guess I'm shot gun here.

When we fill up a thread I have a certain satisfaction thinking of that long thread full of tweaking our minds into a bit more positivity.

Tonight I'm grateful for
- being able to help a friend whose husband has a cancer scare
- finding book suggestions online
-lovely time digging in another holly hock from my neighbor
- rain this evening. - always good

I look forward to hearing many a gratitude from you all as we fill another thread.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 04-27-2024, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thank you Dee, I'm with BKA, grateful that we've filled up another thread which shows me how much gratitude we all have. I love it.

Today I will be grateful for my old recovery friend who jumped to my defense when my daughter attacked my character again, sometimes I am lost in my love for my children and I don't protect myself when the youngest one goes on the warpath.

Grateful to come home after work to Asian food, lettuce wraps and a spicy chicken dish.
Grateful to be placed at the dressing room door last night and to have a brief encounter with the artist (comedian) and his friendly tour staff. That was fun!
Grateful for a work crew that is loving, fun-loving, and understands the concept of teamwork.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Astro, I am happy you have your friend to help support you
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for the garlic knots I made
Grateful to get more organizing done
Old 04-27-2024, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful for Zen's post on the last thread about spirituality, it resonated with me.
So thankful for a weekend with downtime, and my pets to enjoy it with.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Astro, I too am glad that you have some support in that situation. I'm so sorry that your daughter is being so difficult. Maybe she will see the light.
Grateful for a pretty drama free day. I started to get myself worked up and I just told myself, things will get done. Let go and let God. It's all I have right now.
My sister is supposed to get something for me. I left a message, that was rather curt, asking where it was and if she didn't have it not to call me back. I'm a little annoyed with her lack of loyalty. My father was and I am very loyal, but we were the only ones in the family who were/are. She can be very duplicitous at times too. She annoys me sometimes. I'm happy we're talking but I have to set clearer boundaries, maybe see her less often, even though we usually have fun. She starts getting nit picky when you see her too often. She thinks the sister I don't talk to is a Princess, which she absolutely is not.
Grateful to watch Dr. Pol and Dr. Oakley, vets, on TV. I wish I could have been a vet. Large animals too. I think that would be an awesome job. Dirty, but a lot of satisfaction, for me. I love animals. I've had best friends, but my real best friends have been my horses and dogs. I've worked for Equine Vets before a couple, and they taught me so, so much. I think they are divorced now and the ex wife lives up in So. Oregon. I should go visit, they were good friends. Grateful for dinners at their house and all they taught me.
Grateful for all you. Have a relaxing, nice evening. Pleasant dreams to everyone. Sending love and peace especially to anyone suffering or struggling right now. Thank you, Dee!
Old 04-27-2024, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention that I am Grateful I checked in a friend in NE and she is safe and sound after the tornado. She sent me a video of it...Yikess
Old 04-27-2024, 06:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am grateful for this new thread….Thanks Dee!

Grateful for two large planters brought to me today, already filled with soil….looking forward to playing with that tomorrow

Grateful to spend an Amazon gift card on more plant stuff!

Grateful for my TheraCane and movies to watch
Old 04-27-2024, 06:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

All is well in my little patch of terra firma. Cats up roaming around, play time up next. Watching 'On Patrol Live' (Book'em Danno) with my 2 OPLive Bingo Cards. No Bingo yet. I need a 'car chase' and 'someone on a stretcher' plus a 'free to go' on one card. Still early, lots of crime to come, Oooo just got a 'meth mouth' square.

Grateful for cheap entertainment with interactive TV (Bingo) and 'X' OPLive Nation. Get'em McGruff.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

Wasn’t able to post last evening. So two night’s worth.

Grateful for:

-a lovely dinner party last night with a great group of friends
-going to bed sober last night despite the fact that there was quite a bit of alcohol left in the house
-the fact that I asked my husband to hide this alcohol for now
-Chef John’s make-ahead marscapone potatoes
-warm PJs, being in bed at 7:30 pm and my new book: The River we Remember by William Kent Krueger
-my husband braving another 12 hour shift
-the fact that some ppl didn’t seem to make eye contact with me last night. And I didn’t let it spoil the night. Felt like I was being too sensitive
Old 04-27-2024, 10:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grateful to see you all here and to read your grateful moments you are having.
Grateful to be alive and sober.
Grateful for delicious fresh fish for dinner.
Grateful for some more cookies and cream ice cream, progress not perfection at least I am not drinking. And I did eat healthy today.
Grateful for just friendly chit chat with everyone I encountered at the stores shopping today, it just felt nice how everyone was friendly and shared little stories, and we had nice connections.

Take care everyone.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to have my snuggle-buddy, Billie, to snuggle with me at bedtime to calm me and help me sleep well. With her warm soft fur against me, I feel peaceful and content and loved completely.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a road trip with my step-grandsons to do some trout fishing, hopefully cook a few for lunch, hike along Tonto Creek and breathe the fresh mountain air, and visit with my fishing buddy from up north.
Grateful that I'm done guarding Bill Burr and his tour crew, they were gracious and polite and left me with more good experiences.
Grateful to get the backyard tidied up yesterday.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grateful for a lovely day today weather wise although it started off rainy, but grateful because that allowed me to get a lot of indoor work finished up.
Grateful my foot is healing.
Grateful to hear the birds chirping in the mornings again.
Grateful for the new pork recipe I tried tonight--yummy!
Old 04-28-2024, 06:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am grateful to get some gardening done today

Grateful to practice not attaching myself to a particular outcome, and learning that the Universe doesn’t say “no” but has one of three answers: 1) “Yes” 2) “Not right now” or 3) “Something better is coming”.

Grateful for recovery and our peeps
Old 04-28-2024, 06:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful

-to have helped my elderly friend with her email (even tho I didn’t do too much)
-to have avoided a *head-on MVA* by literally seconds on my way home from seeing above friend
-that my husband is not working tonight and doesn’t have to deal with this MVA
-for a garage to work out in during rainy days
-for Frank’s hot sauce
-for Buffie’s paw getting better
-for SR and its community and moderators
Old 04-28-2024, 06:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Quick Grat - for hot showers to relax in. It has medical value I think..

Be safe out there in the goofy world.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello my friends

I went to mass today taking the bus as usual. There is often another woman who takes the same bus to the same mass. We know each other sort of. After mass while waiting for the bus we got talking and missed it. There was another that took us half way home. Then we would have to wait an hour in the cold so I called my neighbor to come pick us up. He is in his 80s and retired so I knew he wouldn't mind. The whole thing was a simple community interaction type thing for me which left me grateful for my acquaintance laughing with me when the bus drove off, for talking about the mass we just went to and finally for my neighbor coning to pick us up.

This was all just simple life stuff but I am grateful I can show up and participate.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful to come home after a 300 mile drive to a hot tray of lasagna and being able to relax with my wife and dog.
Grateful for lots of hiking through glorious country.
Grateful that it wasn't too cold and the three of us were dressed properly for the weather.
Grateful for wildlife on display, it was fun to see the elk walking through Payson.