Notices

so much presase right now - but not want to take anything

Old 10-10-2022, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I am a Child of God

so much presase right now - but not want to take anything

Hi Everyone , my name is Alex I was a member here before but i forgot my name and password for that account i am using this one , I live in Edinburgh Scotland, married to my partner, and have a cat called Ninja, i havent drunk or took drugs for a few years now , I have been having a lot of medical issues due to havng an eating disorder, things are hard right now as I am also waiting to find out if I am getting a bone marrow biopsy or not as my blood cells are low havnt hear anything yet and that was about a week or so ago, my partner and I havent been getting on so much of late yesterday was one of the hardest days we have been dealing with the cost of living crisis here in the uk and weather we will hold on my disablity car or not due to blue badge rules have changed time year it is for me and my partner, etc thought out it all i have not drank or took drugs at all apart from my mental health medication , and i am determind not to take anything it just feel like a lot of persure on the both of us , my eating disorder is still active , today i have one of my support workers so i can talk to them , my partner grandparent died at this time of year a year and a day apart from each other and last month it was 12 years ago since my dad death by suicide and i also lost a friend to suicide as well at the start of Uk lockdown.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Lily.
Well done on your resolve not to use any illicit drugs or drink. They would only make things tenfold worse.
I hope you soon get some answers from your Dr re your ongoing health problems, it must be a huge worry. It is always easier once we know what we are dealing with.

I'm glad you have a support worker to talk to today and hopefully offload some of your fears.

You have done the right thing coming back here. Stick around, share your worries and take the support and kinship offered.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is good to have you join us again Lily
I think you're on the right road

D
Old 10-10-2022, 11:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

I hope you decide to remain clean and sober One Day At A Time ODAAT !
Here's a chip for you.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I am a Child of God

Thank you , i am not able to go to meetings at the moment i get drained at the moment so support here is so amazing and i know you here is 24/7 good place for support and love

I have my support worker today that will be good, my eating disorder is bad right now not want to eat but I will my support worker help me get there lol she passant
Old 10-11-2022, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lily I just want to say hi and keep up the good work. You have a lot going on and I wish you the very best.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome back to SR Alex. Great going that you have remained sober under such difficulty.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Lily. It sounds like you're doing well with your recovery from alcohol and drugs. I'm glad you have someone you can talk to about your eating disorder.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I am a Child of God

worried about partners health as i seek peers

I am worried about my partners mental health right now, this time of year is hard for him, he lost both his gran parents year and one day apart from each other from brain tumours ,he struggles at the best of times but me going back to recovery stuff again is hurting him , he looks out for me and is my carer but i need to be an adult and not like a kid or teen an adult about things i have Borderline Personality disorder for 17 years now i have OCD and other mental health stuff and he has been my carer since then and i think its taking it toll on him mentally before this he was very depressed and not social at all we go to a mental health drop in and he is there with me, we are together nearly 24/7 apart from 4 hours a week when i have support workers i think he is unwell and he not saying so i feel i am making him ill and stressed , what do i do i am not needing help i just want to go to the recovery café only but he thinks its going to snowball back to AA or NA that made me 10 times worse and focused me more on drink and drugs and nearly broke us up . i don't want to make things worse, what i am i doing to him ?
Old 10-12-2022, 02:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I am a Child of God

He's not well, he has the flu so cafés off today
Old 10-12-2022, 08:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I have a mental illness that was made worse by drugging/drink. You don't have to go to AA/NA to get well. There are other ways to recover. Being involved here at SoberRecovery is a recovery plan of action that I'm using as my recovery journey. Keep posting to find your answers.