A hiccup today

Old 12-11-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A hiccup today

Feeling sad today ... I worked from 6am-6pm and when I got home I just cried. I really miss being in a partnership and being married... I know my exAH was ****** in so many ways... was drunk 90% of the time and I couldn't count on him... but tonight I just really missed parts of him. I think I just miss being held... and cuddling... and knowing eachother so well... I know it will pass... I know I will be ok... Tonight I just grieved a little.. it had been at least 5 days since I teared up...

i also got a roommate this week... i didn't realize it would be a trigger but it was ....it is a good roomate situation but it is the first time i have shared my home with anyone since my exAH... just brought up alot... i just wanted to share with someone that understands and i know you guys get me.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh Kaya, yep those times can hit hard. It does suck.

You really are doing amazingly well so a good cry on occasion seems really par for the course.

I hope the roommate is a good addition to your life in the long run.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think if I worked from 6 am to 6 pm I would cry too! Well I have and I may not have cried, but I'm sure I wanted to lol

Yes when we are tired and also when there are big changes (like a room mate) it can be overwhelming, you have both!

I also hope the room mate works out well.

Old 12-12-2021, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not even a hiccup. You worked a twelve hour day, and I can't think of any progress that goes in a straight unbroken line up.

Most of us are trying to do our personal best - and we understand that our personal best will vary from day to day.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I woke up with a very bad sore throat ... it hurts to even swallow water ... I think it contributed to me feeling so out of it after the 12 hour work day yesterday and feeling vulnerable like I just wanted to cuddle. I cancelled my meetings today and I will be in bed all day drinking hot tea and eating frozen yogurt.... I took theraflu already.. hoping it is just a cold... but I think that is where some of the tears came from... feeling not well and feeling alone
Old 12-12-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are going to take it easy today Kaya, hope you are feeling better later on today.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Kaya,
I’m sorry you are feeling ill and also vulnerable. I’ve been going through this constant flow, or circle, of being angry, sad, then really lonely. It sounds like you had the misfortune of landing on lonely at the end of the long day. I don’t have any answers, because I’m still trying to figure all if this out myself with my gigantic tangled up ball. Take solace in the fact some of it prob was caused by just flat being physically run down. The void emotionally though, I’m not sure where we get to kick that out out the door for good. I’m pulling for you!!! Get better soon!
Old 12-13-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys... I am still sick and in bed .... Thank yofor alll your well wishes ...Thank god for theraflu
Old 12-13-2021, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sage

Prayers for health! Hoping you start feeling better soon
Old 12-13-2021, 10:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending best wishes that you feel better soon. Some rest can do wonders.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I woke up this morning feeling 50% better. Thank god
Old 12-14-2021, 05:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it!

If it’s helpful, whenever I have those breakdown moments (physical health or emotional!) I’ve started basically complimenting myself and saying “wow, good for you, you have been doing so much healing your body/mind/spirit thought you were ready for the next layer! Sorry it’s so hard and painful, but aren’t you proud that you were ready for it?” It makes me feel good about myself even when I can’t feel good, you know?