Notices

76 Days, Checking In

Old 08-15-2021, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

76 Days, Checking In

Greetings all,

I'm 76 days w/o alcohol. The headaches come and go, sometimes are very bad, but perhaps a little better. The fatigue is a bit better, but when it hits, it's still a ton of bricks. The edema in my feet and lower legs comes and goes, but never quite goes entirely; I'm struggling w/the low salt diet. It's hard to believe it's 76 days. I'm happier in a lot of ways than I have been in a very long time, but sadder about some things too. My mood is generally better, but I need to keep my caloric intake low and steady through the day, small meals are better and that seems to help with my mood. My sleep hasn't really improved too much, maybe a bit. Most mornings I still feel like I am hung over. I had hoped for better by now.

I'm not going, no matter what. I can't. I will die if if I do and I'm feeling closer to my kids than ever. I'm working on my hobbies a lot more too, sometimes too late into the night, but it's better than drinking all night. Thanks for all the support I've gotten here. I will continue to check in. I see my primary doc on Tuesday and hope to get a little more on the holistic side of things as he's an Osteopath.

Take care, please please please don't drink. Please read or listen to Alcohol Explained by William Porter.
Max
Old 08-15-2021, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 76 days Max. I hope you'll find improvement in a lot of things as you rack the months up
All the best,
D
Old 08-16-2021, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 76 days Max. Hopefully your health will continue to improve over the coming months. In fact I'm sure it will. Take care.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work Max!

Hang in there man. It does get better.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It's good that you are seeing your doctor. Seventy six days sober is great, but looking back at your first post, it seems you have heath issues that may take a little longer to sort out. But they will only be sorted out if you stay sober. So keep on!
Old 08-16-2021, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

76 Days in brilliant. I am 93 days and also still get headaches and fatigue though having recently been diagnoses with an under active thyroid I am hoping medication for that together with a sober lifestyle with help both. Well done and thanks for the update it's a great journey we are on.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 76 days sober! I hope your health concerns get better with more sober time. If they persist, might be good to see your doctor.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Heartfelt congrats ! i am at 76 days too.

What a difference right ????

Old 08-16-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done Max - I am so pleased for you!

I have been meaning to read Alcohol Explained for ages - I'll get on it x
Old 08-16-2021, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Max!
Old 08-16-2021, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats Max! Keep it up! I remember how awful I felt my first 100 days…Things only got slowly better but I knew deep down things were headed in the right direction.

Keep it going…you’ll get there.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Max for 76 days. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yo Max it is good to hear from you. Keep it up! I don't want to drink anymore either. My health problems, though not as bad as yours, were really starting to pile up until I just knew where I was headed and it wasn't gonna be good. While I am not exactly living in bliss yet, at 107 days, I know the alternative is way worse. I am staying the course and trying to slowly add positive health changes in search of prolonged happiness and an enduring sense of peace.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Heartfelt congrats ! i am at 76 days too.

What a difference right ????

Yes, but my cirrhosis of the liver has left me with some issues. I am going to see my PCP (primary care provider) shortly for my annual, which we waited for because he wanted me to see the Gastro-doc Hepatologist again. I'm tracking my blood levels, most things are improving, some, not so much. My platelets are low, almost to the point where I might need an infusion. I am hoping and praying that my liver will heal enough that my spleen and other organs will come back around. I was once told back in 2019, when I thought I had quit before, that "my body is resetting, but it may take years to fully heal."

It is a huge difference, you are right! My mind is clearer than in years.
-Max
Old 08-17-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Congrats Max! Keep it up! I remember how awful I felt my first 100 days…Things only got slowly better but I knew deep down things were headed in the right direction.

Keep it going…you’ll get there.
Did you have other health issues like cirrhosis? I have heard of some near miracle regeneration in some people. I hope that could be me.
-Max
Old 08-17-2021, 02:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

As Allen Carr states in his book, the body is an incredible machine! I’m sure your health will improve greatly as time goes on. Congrats on day 76. I’m 72 behind ya.