Had court this morning!

Old 06-23-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had court this morning!

So........ it happened! It was 90 minutes and should have taken 20 at the most. It was to be short and to the point.

but it didn’t quite go down that way because ah is ah. I brought the latest tax return showing his income. It’s two years old. He tried to say he makes “substantially” less now without any documented proof claiming he hasn’t filed yet.

So, my attorney whipped out a years worth of Amex statements. Showing he paid over 200,000 to them alone and going down places and how much was spent. Asking ah to read it after entering it into evidence. And more. He got caught in many lies. She’d ask him a question, she knew the answer, he would lie, she would submit something into evidence, have him read it, repeat.

When his attorney questioned him first. My attorney would object to over half of it, it would get sustained for lack of documents to cross examine and lack of proof etc.

I had second hand embarrassment for him.

long story short, in the end the judge said she “couldn’t help but be suspicious” the reason he didn’t bring documents he was told to bring is because his income is better than it was, not less. That even if he has filed extensions, the documents still exist and are available to him and so on.

to top it off. He has to pay a monthly amount in the 5 figures for now until this is set to court for divorce/permanent child support/alimony/ settlement.

I’ve zero reason to rush things and since I know he will drag it out, that’s ok now! Sucks for him, not me.

and he has to pay my attorneys fees.

Sucks to be him. Not me

yessasssssssssss!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2021, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Macyc,

I'm sorry you are having to through this, but I'm glad that things are going your way. Keep being strong. We are here for you.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Macy.....I am so relieved for you to have gotten through this very challenging step! This should provide you some more emotional space to focus on just yourself and the future for yourself and the kids.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending hugs to you, good work.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay, I am not a nice person and I’m just fine with that, because I am just so HAPPY right now that karma has finally come calling for your ex and all his lies and blustering and bullying and throwing money around are beginning to bite him in the behind.

Just and also !

Standing ovation, Macy. You are a FORCE.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Macy, really glad to hear things are going well at this point. Stay strong.

And yes, what Aries said!!^^
Old 06-23-2021, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am relieved for you! That's done and dusted!

You have a great attorney, well prepared, familiar with the documents and the story.

I wonder how many times judges hear that in a separation or divorce. "Well I'm making substantially less than I did 2-5 years ago" (now that my wife/husband is requesting part of the funds).

I don't feel sorry for your husband in the least, I do kind of feel a bit bad for his lawyer, although I'm sure he will be paid well for his trouble.

Anyway, good for you, well done for taking care of this so well and not hesitating. Just keep doing the next right thing for yourself. I hope you and the kids do something nice to celebrate today.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome!! I’m glad to hear it went well and I think your lawyer is top notch too!
Old 06-23-2021, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post

Too funny!!!
Old 06-23-2021, 08:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This brought a smile to my face to read! Thank you for sharing, Macy, and you’re awesome!
Old 06-24-2021, 06:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I really can’t believe it. Every time I ever left, I’d go back from fear, money being a huge one because of my son. If I wasn’t at home, ah would cut us off completely.

money being a non issue for now, takes such a piece of the burden off.

knowing he’s so so so angry about this, doesn’t hurt either 🤣
Old 06-24-2021, 09:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

He would cut off his own special needs child to spite you and force you to come back. What…the…..****. (I put the asterisks in myself to save time!)

Another heartless atrocity to add to your list…