Notices

Lonely

Old 05-02-2021, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lonely

Good morning,
I woke up at 5:00 this morning due to some booming bass coming from someone's car outside of my apartment. I'm used to waking up some time just after 6:00, so I just got up and started the coffee.
Loneliness crept in! It was a surprise and I'm having a hard time sitting with it. It's weird feeling feelings again, isn't it?
Just thought I'd share on here. This support group always makes me feel closer and connected with folks in sobriety.
Hope you all have a nice day, and enjoyed the weekend.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Hope those feeling pass soon.

Oh, and good morning!
Old 05-02-2021, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope the feeling passes also.
We are in this together so you are not alone
Old 05-02-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning!
Feelings can be really intense at times.
It will pass. You are not alone. We are here for you.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi WindPines, I just posted on your Pink Cloud thread from yesterday and part of it is how novelty can be a mood booster, actually very easy to achieve. Hope the lonely feelings will pass soon. If not, maybe try something new, reach out to some new people and/or in new ways? I typically connect with people via shared interests and other perceived features in common and tend to miss this when I don't have anyone like that in my life. But typically not long as I'm very initiative and seek out like-minded people in spite of being quite introverted - there are so many ways to do it these days you don't even necessarily need to go out of your house, but if that's better, do it that way. In my experience, loneliness is sometimes just boredom and doing something different, even alone, can alleviate the feeling easily, for me at least. The reason I'm saying this is that sometimes acting and doing things can be better than just sitting with feelings.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I get lonely too. I am married and my wife can be a real pain.

So I am lonely sitting right next to her.

Communicating with her about this ends up making me feel worse sometimes. It is like a dice roll.

We are opposite. They say opposites attract. Sometimes I just want to walk away from her. Just leave.

That is life. Anyway...

When am lonely I get busy into projects, TV, exercise.

Being lonely is common I think. Even folks that have tons of friends get lonely.

My wife has a huge circle of friends, but it seems they don't call much. She has to do the calling.

Bottom line: stay sober. It doesn't make things better to get drunk. It only magnifies the problems once the buzz goes away.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks for the therapy.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came here and posted. You always have friends here.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How's it going today @WindPines?
Old 05-06-2021, 07:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are feeling lonely. I am generally ok with my own company. But when the lonely feelings creep in from time to time, I try to remember that a chunk of the world's population would give anything to be able to sit still day after day, by themselves, with all the peace and quiet they want (booming bass at 5:00 a.m. aside ).
Old 05-06-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early mornings can make you think you're the only person up and about...

Hope you're feeling better WindPines
Old 05-07-2021, 09:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling a little bit better x
Old 05-07-2021, 09:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you came here! I have to say, I hate those booming basses in the cars. You can hear them coming for miles. As if we should all be delighted to listen to it. Makes me want to crawl into every car and pull out the wires. Either that or subject their owners to listening to my ol' 70s music whether THEY want to or not, to give them a taste of their own medicine. The more kind side of me gets concerned for their hearing abilities in the future, but they probably aren't concerned about that.

I hope you feel better soon. I think it took a lot of courage to come here with your true self! I agree with you that it's weird getting in touch with feelings again. I'm just getting used to that now, and hoping that the roller coaster turns into more of a level road soon (those much further along in the sober journey assure me that it will, and I trust they are right!) Take care and join us in the weekenders discussion, if you aren't there already!