Notices

just stuff

Old 02-17-2021, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just stuff

Not a big deal, but just wish I had people to just talk to about regular stuff like the small daily things that happen to all of us. Its easy to take these things for granted and will feel they will always be there, but things change. Life goes on and the people you are close to move on. My point is that all of you should cherish the relationships you have even if they don't seem important now. Picture your life without those relationships. Would you be better off without them? IMHO, you don't want to push people away, even if they are a real pain at the moment. Sometimes it's those people that will back you when you are in need. John
Old 02-17-2021, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I like coming here and talking about 'stuff' with my friends here. In this age of isolation, I get my fill of social interactions here.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How are things John? Are you substitute teaching right now?
Old 02-17-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know how you feel...I get depression and loneliness one day and feel okay the next....I’m still healing after 48 days but I still have a long way to go...

Sometimes I wish I can call a friend who understands but I don’t know anyone personally who does.

For now I just post here among strangers (friends who care) and I get responses of support which helps for the time being.

Hang in there
Old 02-17-2021, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are threads like the Under One Year thread where you'd be very welcome John.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-67-a-13.htm

just start posting and join in.

People don't always just talk about their recovery there - they share their lives too

D
Old 02-17-2021, 06:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI! How are you?
I've been on a nine day work stretch. I am at the tail end here and feelin' it! I'm so thankful for the routine I have to keep me sane and sober. I just got off work. Hot cup of tea, a bath and now I am going to eat dinner. I've been watching the show Blackish. I'm really diggin' it. Traci Ellis Ross is such a good actress.
AND YOU? What is going on in your part of the world? Snow? Rain? How is your job?

Old 02-17-2021, 10:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The 24 hour thread is another great one for connections with many on this site.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep, still subbing. Only a few days a week. Little nervous about it due to covid, but I am very careful. John
Old 02-18-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That’s wonderful you are making some “real world” interactions possible for the kids you teach. I am teaching virtually at the moment, and although my students are mostly young adults, they (and I) really miss the energy of the in class dynamic.

What are some things you most love about teaching? I love the “lightbulb” moment when I have been trying to explain a difficult concept and showed lots of examples, broken down steps, etc. and then I see the ones struggling “get it” and work through the problem sentences with increasing excitement. After 20 plus years I still don’t get tired of working towards that
Old 02-18-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There are so many things I enjoy about working with kids. Yes, those lightbulb moments are priceless!! When a kids face lights up when they "get it" is just beyond words. But sometimes, it's just the little things that I can do to help kids is worth even more. Nothing compares to making a difference in a kids life. Stuff that they will carry forever. It's just the best. I also learn a lot from them. They have no idea how much I have gained just being around them. They make me a better person. Besides all this, they can be so funny, especially middle school kids. The stuff they say a do just keeps me smiling and laughing all day. And they have no idea how entertaining they are. It just comes natural to them. John
Old 02-18-2021, 01:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
There are so many things I enjoy about working with kids. Yes, those lightbulb moments are priceless!! When a kids face lights up when they "get it" is just beyond words. But sometimes, it's just the little things that I can do to help kids is worth even more. Nothing compares to making a difference in a kids life. Stuff that they will carry forever. It's just the best. I also learn a lot from them. They have no idea how much I have gained just being around them. They make me a better person. Besides all this, they can be so funny, especially middle school kids. The stuff they say a do just keeps me smiling and laughing all day. And they have no idea how entertaining they are. It just comes natural to them. John
Of course, not every day is like that. Sometimes I can't wait for the day to end. Some kids can be just mean and are determined to make my life miserable, but that's just part of deal.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey thank you for the post! You can reach out to me if you want to talk about small daily stuff! I love having more people in recovery to chat with
Art
Old 02-18-2021, 02:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi...

Its the small stuff little positive changes that I’m starting to feel day by day....There are still peaks and valleys that seem to feel like two steps forward and three steps back, but the trend is towards the upward recovery.

I have anxiety that was quelled with drinking but since quitting 48 days ago, the battle seems all uphill. I’ve gotta all kinds of positive feedback on my threads regarding...

I offer my words of encouragement to you too for healing and positivity.