health insurance, recovery centers

Old 12-02-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

health insurance, recovery centers

Does anyone have experience with insurance that covers pre-existing alcoholism?

​​​​​​
Old 12-02-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you in the U.S.? Is there a waiting period on your current plan for pre-existing conditions or is it a flat exclusion?

Have you talked directly to your insurance carrier or are you looking to change carriers?

I think different plans and states offer different solutions and you'll have to talk to some people in your state. Call the state insurance commission office if you are not currently insured or look online for your state.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

In the states, husband-to-soon-be-ex has state insurance and is open to another round at a different recovery center in another state. Layers of learning. He's currently sober. One of the recovery centers approach to recovery welcomes people with sobriety. He's had subsequent relapses and is open to more help. More advanced alcoholism, wrecks, etc. than sobriety. His state funded insurance won't cover more treatment in state, unless he relapses, or any out of state.

Not my business other than we are on friendly terms during the divorce process. This conversation came up and I offered to make some inquiries. Prayer/meditation/Al-Anon, etc. His issues are his. Allowing "beyond me" experiences similar to ones I've had before both with stepping away and being there for an ill person if I'm the one meant to. It's a group service, others are involved.